Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
This role is a maternity cover and will provide strategic and technical support on localisation and partnership and play a key role in the operationalisation of the Kenya Country Office partnership strategy.
This role will be under the direction of the Head of Awards, Partnerships and Localization.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Technical Support on Partnership and localization advancement
- Support the Head of Awards and Partnerships in the design and implementation of initiatives/ projects that help advance the localization agenda/strategy.
- Provide support to the country office and partners on issues relating to Partnerships and advancement of localization.
- Support the Head of Awards and Partnerships in the design and update of relevant policies and strategies, including the Partnership & Localisation strategies for the country office.
- Take a lead role in partner engagements and partner assessments
- Support periodic partner mapping for the Country Office in collaboration with the Technical Specialists (TSs).
- Support the development of high-quality learning pieces on localisation and partnership, in collaboration with MEAL and ACCM teams
- Identify opportunities to share learning by partners and the country office at relevant forums (e.g. Charter for Change, webinars, development journals, etc.).
- Support the Head of Awards and Partnerships in the design and implementation of mechanisms that promote greater accountability between the country office and partners.
- Support in the development of organisational learning resources on localisation and support their rollout.
Management of Localisation Initiatives and Projects
- Effectively and efficiently support the CO to manage a portfolio of localisation initiatives/projects through all phases of project cycle management.
- Support the review of all outputs from localisation initiatives/projects, ensuring quality control.
- Support in review of localization initiatives/projects to ensure they comply with donor requirements and SCI policies.
- Support the Head of Awards and Partnerships to develop timely reports for their localisation projects/initiatives.
- Work with the Head of Awards and Partnerships to monitor and evaluate projects and initiatives.
- Support in compilation of reports for all localisation efforts in the CO and support in development of annual and donor reports on the country office’s work on localisation and partnership.
- Support the Head of Awards and Partnerships in the development of high-quality case studies for pilot initiatives/projects.
- Ensure that all project documentation is filed on SCI online systems.
Advocacy and Networking
- Provide support to the country office and field offices on country and field-level advocacy efforts relating to localisation
- Support local partners/civil society to lead and participate meaningfully in national and international forums.
- Provide support to the Charter 4 Change Working Group in Kenya and support similar groups working to advance the localization initiative.
- Identify opportunities for the country office and Partners to profile their work and link into regional networks/forums on Partnership & Localisation.
Developing self and others
- Build relationships with members of other teams i.e. Awards, PDQ, Finance, Safeguarding, Operations etc.
- Key lead in capacity strengthening of partners
Communicating with impact and coordination
- Ability to engage effectively and respectfully with a diverse group of team members and partners from different parts of the world.
- Strong coordination skills especially with other functional areas and partners.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant undergraduate degree (Business, social studies, international relations)
- Relevant master’s degree preferable
- At least five years’ experience of working in a partnership-based model with local NGOs, Faith Based Organizations and/or Civil Society organizations.
- Experience of working in partnership across a diversity of local partners, including small to medium-sized organizations.
- Experience with programme and project cycle management
- Demonstrated experience of working with local organizations in transformative processes that strengthened their capacities, voice and influence and levels of funding.
- Familiarity with localization policy instruments (e.g. Grand Bargain) and with current debates on localization.
- Demonstrable understanding of the decision-making and international policy processes in the international humanitarian and development sectors and how these may be influenced.
- Experience in documenting and socializing learning and research in innovative and impactful ways