Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the Executive Chef and will be responsible to,
- Oversee the Pastry Section in the F&B Kitchen department by demonstrate strong leadership qualities with attention to detail.
- Accountable for the quality and consistency of all pastry products produced and served.
- Demonstrate a ‘hands on’ approach to all bakery products produced in the Pastry section ensuring quality, presentation and consistency standards meet company standards.
- Assist with the development of standardised recipes for all menu items. Ensure that recipes are accurate and updated as needed.
- Ensure that all food products prepared meet the established specifications and standards.
- Ensure proper levels of bakery and pastry items are prepared based on forecasted needs and their prompt delivery to the designated outlet for guest consumption.
- Assign tasks effectively for the efficient use of allocated labour ensuring maximum results are achieved.
- Act as a team leader, trainer and motivator for the pastry department working closely with and maintaining good relations with all culinary team members and other departments.
- Seek to maintain knowledge of industry trends in the world of pastry and baking.
The positions are challenging and calls for a dynamic, confident, aggressive and forward-thinking person with the following attributes;
- Aged 32 – 45 years
- Be holders of a Diploma in bakery / pastry from Kenya Utalii College or any other internationally recognised hotel training institution.
- Have at least five (5) years experience in a similar position in a large organisation, specialising in making cakes, bread and general baking.
- Fully competent in all aspects of baking and pastry.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in environments with time constraints.
- Ability to work in tight production schedules and set quotas for number of items to be produced on a daily basis.
- Innately creative and self motivated.
- Sound knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the Kitchen and possess discipline to enforce those standards.
- Be Computer literate.