Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Start Date: February 1st ,2023.
Duration: Six (6) months
Internship location: Homabay, Kisii and Migori
Estimated number of hours per week: 40Hrs.
Will the intern be receiving a stipend: Yes
Will the intern travel? (Local or international): Yes (Local)
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Kenya has been implementing sustainable health solutions that align with Kenya’s needs and priorities for nearly three decades. As a locally registered organization, PATH Kenya forges close partnerships with local and national leaders and communities to tackle complex health challenges, strengthen health systems, and improve outcomes
Description of internship project:
PATH Kenya is the lead implementing Partner for the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto which is a USAID project funded by PEPFAR. The project’s focus is to increase use of high-quality, county-led health and social services, prevent new HIV infections, and reduce OVC and AGYW vulnerability. The project is implemented by PATH Kenya with ADS Nyanza as a consortium partner. The project is implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Migori, Nyamira, Kisumu, Kakamega, Vihiga and Kisii, in close collaboration with and support of county health management teams, department of children and social services and the Ministry of Health of Kenya
Benefit to Intern:
The intern will:
- Gain valuable experience to aid in transitioning into the work force.
- Acquire DREAMS & OVC project implementation and oversight.
- Acquire relevant experience and skills making them ready for hire.
Internship’s goals and learning objectives:
This internship is designed to provide a practical work experience to students or recent graduates in Community related course or a related field. The intern will work together with the Program team in fulfilling the day-to-day duties of the department.
The Intern will have the opportunity to learn and work on how to:
- Program OVC & DREAMS project.
- Build capacity of LIPs and community volunteers.
- Establish sustainable partnerships with County government for resources leverage and effective activity implementation.
- Support the program officers and the M&E officers in the preparation of logistics for off-site activities such as trainings, meetings.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
The Intern will be evaluated based on outcomes of the assigned activities as well as on feedback from colleagues.
- Degree or Diploma qualification in Community Development, Community health, public health, environmental health, social work, or related field.
- Fresh /recent graduates (at most, graduated in the past 2 years)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Ms. Office applications especially word and excel.
- Drive to be a self-starter.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.