Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Kenya through USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto Project seeks to recruit a Health Information Systems Lead. The incumbent shall be responsible for the development, coordination, and monitoring of the implementation of e-Health and related Health Information System (HIS) solutions under USAID Nuru ya Mtoto project, as well as supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation components of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design, development, maintenance, and support of electronic systems (e-health and mhealth solutions). This includes KenyaEMR, NDWH, ADT, e-HTS, Ushauri, Nishauri, Lab systems, CPIMS among others used in HIV C&T, OVC and DREAMS programs
- Provide technical support for eHealth and HIS platforms including providing first-level support, troubleshooting, system testing, applications’ rollout, and providing excellent post-rollout IT support via phone, internet, or in-person as the need arises
- Lead the implementation of a secure, cost-effective technology to host a centralized POC EMR server and data repository for real-time access and retrieval of individual level data
- Working with the M&E Advisors to customize and enhance an internal DHIS2 based system for online reporting and integration of live visual dashboards for performance monitoring
- Lead in capacity building for end users including program staff, LIPs, County and Sub-county staff and service providers at facility on EMR and other HIS products in compliance with national protocols and guidelines and provide continuous mentorship.
- Working closely with the Data officers and the M&E Advisors to ensure that data extracts and reports meet the required specifications and to support the data quality team in defining and achieving data quality objectives.
- Collaborating with the M&E Advisor to develop and implement the strategies for EMR systems transition and scale up, systems interoperability/integration, and reporting
- Design, develop, deploy, and implement eHealth and HIS solutions to facilitate real-time data transmission and reporting at LIPs, Health facility, Sub- National, and National levels.
- Lead the program team in devising and implementing efficient and secure procedures for data handling with attention to all technical aspects including weekly data backups both onsite and offsite
- Work closely with MOH (Ministry of Health) counterparts including health facilities and LIPs, to ensure systems are in alignment with national HMIS standards
- Lead in reviewing, formulating, and implementing the HIS policies of the Nuru ya Mtoto Project, overseeing HIS/ICT technology upgrades
- Work with county M&E officers and ensure timely system upgrades and data is backed up and transmitted to the NDWH, NASCOP reporting systems
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or Information Technology. A minimum of five years of health informatics experience in a health-related project
- Broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods, and techniques; analytical skills and superior knowledge of project management principles to manage projects and work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining knowledge management systems that facilitate data use for decision-making
- Demonstrable experience in the development and implementation of web and m-health-based solutions
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records’ development, implementation, and support
- Working knowledge DATIM and PEPFAR reporting systems is an added advantage
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing, and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and is able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in relevant computer packages for generating and analyzing reports
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high-pressure team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.