Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Legal Affairs team enables PATH’s mission of bringing health equity to all by providing strategic and pragmatic legal counsel to facilitate innovation and collaboration while enhancing compliance and smartly managing risk. The Legal Affairs department currently consists of 14 team members: a General Counsel, six attorneys, five paralegals, and two paralegal assistants. Legal Affairs’ mission is to support PATH’s diverse portfolio of public health projects by being trusted advisors and partnering with clients and other stakeholders to achieve PATH’s strategic objectives within sound risk tolerance and efficient decision-making frameworks, tailored and adaptable to meet institutional and programmatic needs.
PATH currently seeks to hire a Paralegal Assistant to provide administrative support to the Legal Affairs Division. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with preparation of agreements, including draft and final versions of agreements with complex attachments (including various formats to accommodate diverse content needs (e.g., MS Word, Excel and Adobe PDF).
- Provide support for Legal Affairs agreements process, including proofreading, formatting, assembly of execution copies, obtaining necessary signatures, and circulating signed contracts to internal clients and/or external parties.
- Leveraging Salesforce, actively administer agreements lifecycle from new requests for contracts, partner background checks, negotiations, project implementation, and contract closure.
- Draft agreements, amendments and other documents as requested by attorneys and paralegal assistants, populating a template or from-scratch drafting.
- Respond to legal support requests with effective problem-solving.
- Track status of contracts during drafting, negotiation and execution phases of process, providing status updates as requested.
- Assist with the completion of administrative forms, preparation of documents for shipping, and appropriate electronic archiving of agreements.
- Perform administrative tasks to support attorneys and paralegals as requested. Coordinate with other paralegal assistants as needed.
- Represent the Legal Affairs team with effective communications about its strategic priorities, processes, policies and procedures as well as Legal Affairs points of contact for clients. Advise clients about appropriate template and agreement types.
- Work appropriately with confidential and privileged information.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional proofreading skills, highly organized, flexible, strong time management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervision, and adept at collaborating effectively with other team members.
- Proven effectiveness working on multiple projects with competing deadlines and ability to seamlessly adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with and build strong relationships with global colleagues and partners and provide creative solutions in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and as part of a cross-disciplinary team operating in multiple locations. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce as contract management system and DocuSign for signature processing
- Demonstrated experience working with contracts and transactional matters.
- Familiar with legal terminology
- Proficient at problem solving and addressing ambiguities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and ownership of responsibilities.