Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges
PATH Kenya is the lead implementing Partner for the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto which is a USAID project funded by PEPFAR. The project’s focus is to increase use of high-quality, county-led health and social services, prevent new HIV infections, and reduce OVC and AGYW vulnerability. The project is implemented by PATH Kenya with ADS Nyanza as a consortium partner. The project is implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisumu Nyamira, Vihiga, Migori, and Kisii, in close collaboration with and support of county health management teams, department of children and social services and the Ministry of Health of Kenya.
PATH Kenya through USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto Project seeks to recruit a procurement officer who will oversee the project’s strategic and day to day supply chain processes. Under the supervision of the finance and administration Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that the project’s required goods and services are efficiently and effectively procured in addition to continuously identifying, designing, and implementing innovative approaches that maximizes value to the project’s supply chain management cycle.
- In charge of the overall performance of the project’s procurement department and procurement staff.
- Carry out procurement processes in line with the PATH laid down policies as well as donor regulations and the laws of the land and be a lead custodian of these policies and regulations.
- Prepare formal invitations for bids and requests for quotations, including required special terms and conditions, performance, and technical criteria.
- Routinely sensitize the project staff on procurement processes.
- Sit in procurement review committee meetings and take minutes of the deliberations.
- Track orders and confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Conduct routine vendor circularization and accounts reconciliations
- Prepare weekly accurate and complete management procurement reports and any other ad hoc reports as may be required from time to time by the project management.
- Participates in developing, facilitating, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing the project’s procurement plans
- Ensure that all the vendors that PATH Kenya does business with are properly registered and are subjected to proper due diligence processes including Bridger checks.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions aimed at achieving efficiencies and value maximization in procurement processes.
- Advise/update the procurement review committee on emerging issues/trends on procurement
- Ensure that invoices are properly supported before any payment consideration
- Facilitate good mutual business relationships with suppliers/vendors.
- Maintain accurate, up to date and complete records in required formats for all procurement transactions.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Competencies required:
- Strong negotiation skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any business-related field with a specialization /bias in procurement.
- A full professional Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management (CIPS or CPSP_K)
- Current membership of a relevant procurement body (KISM/CIPS)
- A master’s degree in business administration or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Outstanding communication skills including interpersonal communications, problem solving, strong writing skills and fluency in English with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent report writing, presentation and minutes taking skills.
- Detail oriented; high degree of accuracy and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret policies and regulations and develop implementing procedures.
- In depth knowledge of United States Government grant and procurement regulations, systems, and procedures for managing complex grant programs with many partners and beneficiaries
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Business World, and other Microsoft Office products highly desirable.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to create and implement procurement systems and prioritize workload.
- High standards of integrity.
- Hands on experience with ERPs with embedded procurement module
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a team.
- A minimum of 6 years’ progressive relevant experience preferably in NGO sector with at least 2 involving team management.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.