PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges
PATH Kenya has been implementing sustainable health solutions that align with Kenya’s needs and priorities for nearly three decades. As a locally registered organization, PATH Kenya forges close partnerships with local and national leaders and communities to tackle complex health challenges, strengthen health systems, and improve outcomes.
PATH Kenya is the lead implementing Partner for the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto which is a USAID project funded by PEPFAR. The project’s focus is to increase use of high-quality, county-led health and social services, prevent new HIV infections, and reduce OVC and AGYW vulnerability. The project is implemented by PATH Kenya with ADS Nyanza as a consortium partner. The project is implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Migori, Nyamira, Kisumu, Kakamega, Vihiga and Kisii, in close collaboration with and support of county health management teams, department of children and social services and the Ministry of Health of Kenya.
PATH Kenya through USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto Project seeks to recruit a receptionist who will be entrusted with manning the PATH Kisumu office Reception. He/she will deliver exceptional customer service assistance to PATH guests and staff. This will entail answering calls and fielding them accordingly, addressing visitor and client questions and needs. The receptionist will have the responsibility of receiving, documenting and channeling or dispatching all correspondences received or dispatched from the Office. He /She will provide an overall welcoming environment.
The position is available in Kisumu.
- Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner
- Welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner and address any questions that they may have
- Maintain the Reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner
- Keep a detailed and accurate record of visitor requests and calls received
- Receive incoming deliveries and correspondences, sort, distribute or dispatch accordingly
- Maintain a detailed and accurate record of all deliveries and dispatches.
- Assist with general administrative tasks such as booking meeting halls, coordinating meetings, scheduling travel, ordering office supplies amongst others.
- Support in document photocopying, scanning, printing and filing
- Report and follow up on faulty equipment such as telephone lines, copiers, printers, water dispensers etc.
- Execute any relevant duty that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Minimum Diploma in Customer Care /Public Relations or its equivalent
- 2-3 Years of relevant experience in an office environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks with little or no guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.