PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges
PATH Kenya has been implementing sustainable health solutions that align with Kenya’s needs and priorities for nearly three decades. As a locally registered organization, PATH Kenya forges close partnerships with local and national leaders and communities to tackle complex health challenges, strengthen health systems, and improve outcomes.
PATH Kenya is the lead implementing Partner for the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto which is a USAID project funded by PEPFAR. The project’s focus is to increase use of high-quality, county-led health and social services, prevent new HIV infections, and reduce OVC and AGYW vulnerability. The project is implemented by PATH Kenya with ADS Nyanza as a consortium partner. The project is implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Migori, Nyamira, Kisumu, Kakamega, Vihiga and Kisii, in close collaboration with and support of county health management teams, department of children and social services and the Ministry of Health of Kenya.
PATH Kenya through USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto Project seeks to recruit a stores assistant who will be entrusted with managing the Kisumu stores. The Stores assistant will be responsible for receiving, checking, recording, organizing and storing all incoming items. He/she will take and maintain an inventory of items in the stores and ensure they are stored safely and properly. He/she will be responsible for all dispatches out of the store while ensuring proper documentation of the same.
The position is available in Kisumu.
- Receive supplies delivered from vendors and elsewhere.
- Count, sort or weigh incoming items to verify that all items on the delivery note, packing list or invoices have been received.
- Examine all items received to verify that they are in good condition and conform to the specifications contained in the requisition/order form or approved sample where applicable.
- Determine efficient and appropriate methods of storing supplies.
- Brand/Mark identifying codes on items received where applicable.
- Issue stock to authorized project staff or partners, keeping accurate records of all materials issued.
- Compile reports on inventory counts, stock records, spoilage or damage to stock etc., as required by the Project Management.
- Ensure up to date and accurate manual and computerized stores records, proper stock reconciliations.
- Maintain all stock records and take part in regular stock taking as shall be required by the Project Management.
- Ensure the cleanliness, security and good order of the stores.
- Ensure a proper filling system is in place for ease of retrieval and reference of documents.
- Execute any relevant duty that by the assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Minimum Diploma holder in Stores Management/Warehousing/Business Management or related course
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in stores.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficient in MS office/computer skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Independent, flexible and details oriented
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.