Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Role: Payroll Officer
You will be responsible for processing payroll in a timely and accurate manner and coordinating with external vendors including payroll processing platforms, government authorities, and internal customers including Finance, PeopleOps, and Legal. The Payroll Officer will also be responsible for reporting earnings information and other payroll data on a recurring basis as well as compliance with the government.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and facilitate the timely and accurate Payroll operations for our monthly payrolls, such as the below:
- Process payroll-related expenses.
- Tax payments and reconciliations as needed.
- Calculate and enter payroll data.
- Update employee information and deductions on the payroll platform.
- Data entry, records management, and analytics as needed.
- Perform month-on-month payroll reconciliations.
- Review payroll journal entries for posting.
- Perform General ledger to Payroll reconciliations.
- Manage the accurate and timeline processing of Payroll.
- Managing compliance with all statutory regulations, as well as company policies.
- Communicate developments in a clear and actionable manner to other internal stakeholders, including People, finance, and legal teams.
- Partner with People and Finance teams to support other initiatives such as transfer pricing, time-tracking, records management, people analytics, People data privacy, and systems.
- Review employee data changes such as new hire entry, promotions, status changes, and terminations, etc.
- Process Leave of Absences, liabilities and leave provisions.
- Assist in implementing any People team payroll-related projects and consistently being accountable for all agreed deliverables.
- 8+ years of experience as a payroll administrator.
- Experience with large payroll platforms such as ADP or Paychex
- International Payroll Certification is a plus
- Ability to use GitLab
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values
Education and Experience
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in the fields of HR or accounting/finance.
- At least 4 years of experience in a busy HR environment running payroll for different countries.
- CPA K / ACCA is an added advantage.
- Member of IHRM and/or a similar renowned HR professional body is an added advantage.
- Subject matter expertise on HR systems, Processes, pay & employment legislation in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
- Knowledge of Payroll procedure delivery and HR systems.
- Has process discipline and quality orientation.
- Keen to prevent and solve problems.