BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – 1 POST
JOB PURPOSE: Plan, execute and evaluate the Return on Investment of all business development initiatives to attract, retain and expand a loyal client base within the Hospital and its facilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Professional Attributes
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Marketing, Strategic Management, Finance or any other relevant field
- Post graduate training in Marketing, Quality Assurance, Project Management will be an added advantage
- Member of Marketing Society of Kenya or any other relevant professional body
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management systems
- Proficiency in Website and Social Media applications and analytics
- At least 2 years’ experience in Business Development, Sales and/or Marketing preferably in a Hospital set up
Job Duties & Responsibilities
a.) Marketing Strategy:
- Support the Hospital’s Marketing Committee in creation and execution of the Hospital Marketing and Publicity Strategic
- Contribute to development of business plans and work with department heads to execute business development initiatives.
- Support the Hospital Brand initiative in the management of the Firm’s
- Track industry news for opportunities/issues.
- Monitor competitor activity, client and company, sector and geographic trends, draw conclusions, assess implications and prepare marketing and research reports recommend appropriate intervention strategies to ensure the hospital has an edge over the competition
- Develop customer care strategies and distribution strategies to acquire, expand and retain profitable relationships. Supervise and coordinate the hospital service charter so as to ensure that all are informed and service levels are executed to standard.
b.) Lead Generation:
- Identify new and follow up business opportunities for the Hospital.
- Manage the pitch/proposal-development process from start to
- Identify or create client/prospect outreach development tools such as one-on-one meetings, seminars and speaking engagements, events, sponsorships, client alerts, newsletters, fact sheets and other direct client communications.
- Develop and manage corporate communications strategies
- Oversee the development and printing of all marketing
- Ensure the Hospital website is up to date, fully functional and representative of the Hospital
- Manage the Hospital social media channels including engagement, postings and analytics
- Identify opportunities for thought leadership and other marketing and campaign ideas to increase brand awareness within the practices.
- Work with the team leads to create announcements and to develop and implement BD plans that take the firm’s synergies and cross-selling opportunities into consideration.
- Carry out periodic effectiveness review of the products and distribution channels and report to management
- Due to the volumes of applications, only soft copy applications will be accepted. Hard copy applications will not be accepted
- Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- We do not charge any fee for receiving CV’s or for interviewing.
- All communications will be through the official line and email
- PCEA Chogoria Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Candidates who meet above minimum requirements are requested to submit their applications to email@example.com and attaching their detailed CV (with 3 referees), certificates, testimonials (including a letter from local Church Minister) so as to reach the Chief Executive Officer by 4 p.m on Tuesday 31st January 2023.