About Penda Health:
Penda Health is an award-winning company that delivers high-quality, trustworthy healthcare. Our vision is for everyone in Africa to have healthcare they can trust. Today our team of 350+ employees operates 19 Medical Centres around Nairobi, Kiambu, and Kajiado Counties. Over the next two years, we are looking to build and run a profitable chain that focuses on; the delivery of tech-enabled, high-quality healthcare, a sustainable expansion of our network that ensures the sustainability and stability of the company.
Scope of work
Core mandate is establishing short and long-term health goals with patients, teaching the patients about health and nutrition and developing effective nutritional and exercise plans for patients.
- Nutritional counseling and advice on therapeutic diets
- Coordinate all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, perform nutrition screenings, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling of patients in our Medical Centres
- Confer with providers and nurses order to coordinate medical and nutritional needs
- Determine nutritional needs: diet restrictions, such as low fat, salt free e.g., diabetes, kidney failure, hypertension and obesity
- Formulate diet plans based on medical and physical condition of patients
- Assess individual needs, develop nutritional care plans and instruct patients and their families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection.
- Prepare records and reports, evaluate, interpret, monitor and document the nutritional status and nutritional needs of patients using the established standards of care and practice guidelines
- Develop, review, update and implement educational materials to meet the needs of patients and professionals
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the job description.
- Perform your duties in the spirit of Penda’s Vision and Values.
- Diploma in food, nutrition and dietetics
- 2 years working experience
- Team player and great communication skills
Go to https://www.pendahealth.com/careers to apply.