Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
- Working closely with Resilience & Emergency Response Advisor and other Plan International staff, the Emergency Response Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the delivery of emergency drought response with overall coordination of daily program activities and support to program staff, ensuring appropriate systems and mechanisms are in place to track, analyze and report on results as well as engagement with senior management on the strategic direction of the overall response.
- The Emergency Response Coordinator will support to strengthen smooth implementation of emergency drought response components that include unconditional cash transfers, market systems strengthening and improved humanitarian response.
- The successful Emergency Response Coordinator will skilfully represent programmatic priorities of the agency to donors and regional partners while providing effective leadership to the Plan International program team in the transitional response environment. S/he will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- The Emergency Response Coordinator will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level. Successful Plan International team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
Living Conditions / Physical Environmental Conditions and Demands:
The position is based in Marsabit County. The Candidate may be;
- Exposed to varied weather conditions during field work;
- Exposed to contagious and communicable diseases such as cholera and malaria that maybe endemic in the areas of operations;
- Occasionally exposed to dusty, rugged terrain, inaccessible roads and flood prone areas;
- Demands to cross lake, rivers, swamps and hanging bridges, etc.;
- On exceptional cases, work demands during night time, weekends and holidays
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- A BSc degree or equivalent in relevant field required,
- A minimum of 4 years of field experience in international relief and development programs, including demonstrable success in managing development programs in transitional environments.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with host communities, government, private sector, INGO, NGO partners and other stakeholders in complex environments.
- Extensive knowledge of community participatory approaches, disaster risk reduction, recharge, re-use and retention (3R) concept desirable.
- Previous experience working on grants is desirable,
- Excellent and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including report writing,
- Previous working experience in Arid and Semi-arid Land (ASAL) counties is desirable,
- Evidence of leadership on emergency response in draught emergencies is an advantage
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members,
- Proven skills in financial and grants management; prior experience with emergency response grant management for both private and institutional donors desired.
- Knowledge of SPHERE and other humanitarian programming standards.
- Knowledge on CASH programming, Gender in emergencies, Education in Emergencies and application across sectoral interventions is an advantage.
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required,
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Commitment to Plan Kenya’s position on promoting girls’ rights and gender equality and integrating all these aspects in their day to day work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage
You must be logged in to post a comment.