Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
About Poa Internet
Poa! internet is the fastest growing and highly innovative ISP in Kenya. The company was founded in 2014 with a vision to provide internet in every home in Africa. At poa! We believe by empowering people, we can actively drive digital inclusion in these markets. We deploy a cost-effective internet service in Kenya, with the aim of providing affordable access to content and Internet to low- income members of society.
We are growing very fast to cover the rest of Kenya and eventually Africa. It is envisaged that success of the business will grow to over 150 networks across East Africa. It is from this background that we seek prospect candidates to fill the role of Head of Indirect Channels.
At Poa, we pride ourselves on being a values-driven company and we love working with values-driven employees. Poa’s vision is “Internet in every home in Africa”. To achieve this vision, we live by our values, captured in the acronym, We CONNECT. At Poa, we: Create a better world for the people we serve, Open our eyes to problems and opportunities, Never stop learning never stop moving forward, Name it, own it , solve it, Engage with the bigger picture even in details, Care about each other and Tujienjoy kazini.
Mission Statement for the Role:
To own the overall development and delivery of all sales through Indirect Channels while maintaining an acceptable Cost of Sales KPI in line with the overall business plan.
Responsible for designing, developing, building, hiring, supervising and organising the Indirect Channels. In-charge of identifying, developing and deploying profitable acquisition strategies to meet targets, and coordinating with the business on marketing and lead generation activities to exceed against set business goals.
Achieving Indirect Channel acquisition growth targets while delivering with a Sales Cost of Acquisition in line with the business plan.
Key SMART Results for A-Player Success
- To have designed and built the Indirect Channel team in line with recommendations into the business plan by the end of 3Q22
- To have identified and built the business cases for the initial batch of Indirect Channels and had them signed off by the business for development and deployment by the end of 2Q22
- To have developed and launched the initial batch of Indirect Channels and be launched into market making sales in line with signed off launch plans by the end of 3Q22
- To have fully operationalised and systemised Indirect Channels so they operate at the same operational levels of performance as Direct Sales by the end of 4Q22
- To have developed and launched a structured Channel management methodology to manage the individual performance and development of each Indirect channel, with detailed measurement, reporting and performance management by the end of 3Q22
- To have developed and signed up structured commercial performance contracts for all Indirect Channels that effectively manages risk and Cost of Sales for the business by the end of 2Q22
- Have set up accurate, timely and comprehensive Indirect Channel performance reporting of all Indirect Channels including lead generation, sales forecast per network and performance per team reports by the end of 2Q22
- Developed and deployed Indirect Channel strategies, campaigns and tactics in collaboration with Marketing that will generate new leads for achieving agreed sales targets and support scaling up plans for sustained performance nationwide by the end of 4Q22
- Ensure every new Indirect Channel has a structured and planned marketing launch plan that aligns with Cost of Sale and sales targets by the end of 3Q22
Level of Management Experience Required (Mandatory & Nice to Have)
Mandatory – Experienced Management level with not less than 10 years of experience working with indirect Channels including managing teams in excess of 5 people, and at least 5yrs experience of which should be managing Indirect Channel Partnerships and Supplier Relationships
Department stage of development where this role sits (starting, preparing for scale, scaling, mature)
Hands on to Identify, Develop from scratch, and then Scale to grow nationally
Key Competencies Criticality (H,M,L)
- Has managed a green field identification, development, contracting and deployment of an Indirect Sales business across Kenya – H
- Has successfully managed the development of multiple Indirect channel partners, and their associated performance and teams – H
- Proven track record of exceeding an Indirect Channel Partnership Sales Number and owning Cost of Acquisition – H
- A proven arsenal of brilliant Indirect Commercial management techniques and hands-on sales experience with an in depth understanding of sales strategies and consumer objection handling – M
- Hands On, on the ground, in the Field, in the Office. Not a strategic desk job! – H
- A proven history of recruiting exceptional high performing Indirect channel managers and teams and demonstrable experience in growing and developing them – H
- Eagerness to work for Success Based performance and not just a salary – H
- A proven ability to identify emerging market opportunities and think creatively developing the best opportunities for business success – H
- Proven management on lead development activities, channel management reporting, coaching, forecasting, and statistical reports, channel performance reports (weekly and monthly), and data essential to maintain KPI measurements to track Indirect Sales team performance – H
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills capable of influencing and delivering results in a highly cross functional role plus excellent communication skills both written and verbal – H
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key departments – H
Mandatory Criteria if Any with no exceptions to hire.
- Owned an Indirect Channel Number, for a multi partner, multi channel team.
- Managed “managers”, meaning a team of at least 5 team leaders each who operate their own teams.
- Must have multi level management experience including “hiring and firing”
- Owned a Cost of Sales number
- Must have operated in a business with similar Values and DNA to Poa to ensure cultural alignment
How to apply:
Go to https://poa.co.ke/job-openings/ to apply.