Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
About Poa internet
Poa! internet is the fastest growing and highly innovative ISP in Kenya. The company was founded in 2014 with a vision to provide internet in every home in Africa. At poa! We believe by empowering people, we can actively drive digital inclusion in these markets. We deploy a cost-effective internet service in Kenya, with the aim of providing affordable access to content and Internet to low-income members of society.
We are growing very fast to cover the rest of Kenya and eventually Africa. It is envisaged that the success of the business will grow to over 150 networks across East Africa. It is from this background that we seek prospective candidates to fill the role of Head of Talent Acquisition.
At Poa, we pride ourselves on being a values-driven company and we love working with values-driven employees. Poa’s vision is “Internet in every home in Africa”. To achieve this vision, we live by our values, captured in the acronym, We CONNECT. At Poa, we: Create a better world for the people we serve, Open our eyes to problems and opportunities, Never stop learning never stop moving forward, Name it, own it, solve it, Engage with the bigger picture even in details, Care about each other and Tujienjoy kazini.
Mission Statement for the Role:
To be responsible for end-to-end recruitment efforts to attract, select and place high-caliber talent to support organisation goals in order to efficiently and effectively meet our ever-growing and dynamic business needs and position Poa as an employer of choice.
Design talent acquisition processes and strategies that will ensure positions are filled with high-quality talent in a timely manner and effectively scale up the talent acquisition activities. Build strong partnerships with hiring managers, ensure excellent candidate experience, and exceed business needs
Employee Engagement, Time to hire, Applicants per hire, Cost per hire
Currently none. With time, the role will have resources under them.
Key SMART Results for A-Player
- Elevate candidate experience by initially base-lining existing state, developing and implementing process improvements to ensure Poa attracts and retains A-player talent – Q1 2023
- Establish a talent pipeline for all critical roles in Poa with at least 3 people in our networks to ensure business continuity and reduce time to hire – Q1 2023
- Enhance our hiring process to create a recruitment machine that builds brand recognition, reduces time to hire, and improves candidate experience – Q4 2022
- Launch Poa EVP into the hiring process, building top-of-mind brand recognition for A-player candidates and make Poa the Employer of Choice – Q2 2023
- Defined transition process including timing from candidate to employee including Employee onboarding, and employee engagement during transition process – Q4 2022
- Increased internal mobility rate by building an internal talent marketplace (in conjunction with the L&D team) to identify and upskill for future growth opportunities – Q2 2023
- Build a talent pipeline for all high turnover roles in Poa to reduce our time to hire by having an adequate pool of candidates available to meet growth and attrition targets – Q1 2023
- Have all hiring partners in place and contracted so we can resource the growth – Q4 2022
- Have all the hiring completed in time to hit plan for all departments – Quarterly
- Have all growth metrics agreed with all departments and all their hiring plans locked down with scorecards for all roles and timelines that fit the hiring plan – Q4 2022
Level of Management Experience Required (Mandatory & Nice to Have)
- Demonstrated experience in complete life cycle recruiting from entry-level to senior management: sourcing, evaluating, and closing candidates.
- Experience managing relationships with external recruiters
Department stage of development where this role sits
Prepare for Scale / Systematization
Key Competencies Criticality (H, M, L)
- Relationship-building acumen making you a natural partner with hiring managers – H
- Ability to build, maintain, and grow immediate and long-term pipelines – M
- Exceptional written & verbal communication and presentation skills – M
- Good understanding of key HR principles and talent acquisition best practices including CV screening, candidate engagement, scheduling assessments with candidates, interviewing, onboarding – H
- Excellent organisational, task, and time management skills, with an emphasis on detail and follow-up and the ability to prioritise tasks and requests from multiple stakeholders and audiences – H
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills – H
Mandatory Criteria if Any with no exceptions to hiring.
- 5+ years experience in talent acquisition
- Proficiency in Applicant Tracking Systems
- Proven work experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist or similar role
- Ability to translate business strategic objectives into actionable outcomes
How to apply:
Go to https://poa.co.ke/job-openings/ to apply.