Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
About Poa Internet
Poa! internet is the fastest growing and highly innovative ISP in Kenya. The company was founded in 2014 with a vision to provide internet in every home in Africa. At poa! We believe by empowering people, we can actively drive digital inclusion in these markets. We deploy a cost-effective internet service in Kenya, with the aim of providing affordable access to content and Internet to low- income members of society.
We are growing very fast to cover the rest of Kenya and eventually Africa. It is envisaged that success of the business will grow to over 150 networks across East Africa. It is from this background that we seek prospect candidates to fill the role of Product Manager.
At Poa, we pride ourselves on being a values-driven company and we love working with values-driven employees. Poa’s vision is “Internet in every home in Africa”. To achieve this vision, we live by our values, captured in the acronym, We CONNECT. At Poa, we: Create a better world for the people we serve, Open our eyes to problems and opportunities, Never stop learning never stop moving forward, Name it, own it , solve it, Engage with the bigger picture even in details, Care about each other and Tujienjoy kazini.
Mission Statement for the Role
To own the end to end technical and operational aspects of specific Product Features and Roadmap items. Innovation is at the core of Poa’s ability to scale rapidly and cost-effectively, product development plays a crucial part in that. Continually driving efficiencies and innovations to meet our strategic goals as an ultra low-cost operator.
Product Development, New Product Introduction, Innovation.
- Demonstrate understanding of the critical links between delivering an ultra low cost, yet high quality services and unit economics to scale.
- Ability to translate/synthesize business intent into product ideas/propositions.
- Ability to own and deliver Product Features from Idea to Implementation working across breadth of organisation
- Strong collaborative interaction across multiple parts of the business, especially around customer experience, software development, operations
- Must be naturally inquisitive and always want to challenge the status quo. Must never accept information at face value and always question “why?” to ensure the best solutions for the business.
- Excited to connect every home in Africa to the Internet
Key SMART Results for A-Player Success
- Develop, Prioritise and start cadenced management of Innovation/Product Roadmap features.
- Follow and Improve Product Development process and ensure all stakeholders have bought in.
- Oversee the design, analysis and continued execution of agreed product priorities incl. system, operational and process changes.
- Deliver agreed (poa! flat and MPesa Upgrade) projects are built with the cost and quality and timelines are managed and clearly communicated.
- Ensure products are developed efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Build a solid understanding of the company’s wider commercial goals and strategies. Ensure that the company’s products are built to support these goals. Proactively propose ways that Product department and systems may be able to accelerate and support the company’s mission.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, working out business priorities.
- Have a seamless interface to the Software department to set requirements for software elements.
- Develop great cooperation with business improvement to ensure product development is in sync with the operational roadmap and new products are successfully put into the market.
Mandatory Criteria if Any with no exceptions to hire
- Product management experience in a technology-based organisation
- Willingness to travel and visit customer locations.
How to apply:
Go to https://poa.co.ke/job-openings/ to apply.