Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Are you ready to transform your career with an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven and high-performance culture? Are you keen to scale new heights and redefine success whilst creating value for your leadership brand? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons and exciting opportunities. If you have ambition, energy, and drive – then we have room.
Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited (CISL) is a fully owned subsidiary of The Co-operative Bank Group involved in the management of investments on behalf of institutional and individual investors such as Insurance companies, pension funds and other entities. CISL is licensed by Retirement Benefits Authority (RBA), Capital Markets Authority (K) and is a member of ICIFA (K).
The Portfolio Management role offers support and execution to allocated investment portfolios planning, implementation, and monitoring. He will be reporting to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) Co-op trust Investment Services Limited. Will be a member of the Investment Committee (IC) and is expected to actively participate during I -Comm deliberations. Maintain strong relationships with his set of clients and ensure 100% retention.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Participate in formulation of the investment strategy based on client circumstances and capital markets expectations
- In liaison with the Dealer, implement investment decisions on behalf of the clients as approved by the Investment Committee
- Monitor cash flows and promptly invest any idle cash as per prevailing investment strategy
- In liaison with the Dealer, promptly avail cash for settlements and withdrawals
- Regularly monitor portfolios to bring them in line with both agreed Investment Committee strategies and the current circumstances of the client, paying special attention to ability to meet client return objectives, benchmarks and targets
- Prepare and dispatch clients’ quarterly investment reports that incorporate an economic and market overview, current portfolio valuation, transactions undertaken during the quarter, performance, and strategy for the following quarter within two weeks of the end of the quarter
- Attend all client meetings, including Annual General Meetings, and make presentations as appropriate
- Promptly respond to client issues and ensure satisfactory resolution of the same
- Invite clients for any appropriate forum organized by recognized bodies
- Work closely with the client to foster a fruitful working relationship
- Prepare call reports for visits made to clients and action areas of attention promptly
- Liaise with potential clients, including networking, in a bid to grow the clientele base of the Company
- Assist the Research Team in undertaking analysis by participating in group discussions regarding the same
- Proactively search for new investment opportunities and bring them to the attention of the Research Team for analysis
- Become familiar with the various investments held and be able to justify to clients the basis of purchase / hold / sell decisions made
Skills, Competencies and Experience
- A strong academic background in a quantitative discipline, economics, or finance background at undergraduate level.
- Must be a registered and practicing member of ICIFA – Institute of Certified Investment and Financial Analysts
- A candidate in the CFA program, or CFA charter holder
- Experience in research analysis and dealing
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Research analysis, Client service and sales
Desirable knowledge/skills and Experience Required:
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Macros) would be advantageous, with the ability to produce charts and graphs
Sound understanding of database modeling techniques and the ability to quickly pick up the use of non-Windows applications and in-house databases would be beneficial
- Knowledge of P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements and good understanding of key accounting ratios and modeling techniques would be a distinct advantage
- A genuine interest in financial markets is essential
- Proven academic performance and the ability to demonstrate solid numerical and analytical skills
- A strong command of the English language (oral and written) is essential, as are excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to interact confidently at all levels
- Good time management skills
How to apply:
If you match the profile for this position, please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org, reference number “PM/CISL/2023” by close of business on 29th September 2023.
We are an equal opportunity employer