IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Business Development Officer
Power is a financial wellness platform that is dedicated to providing holistic financial services to working people in Kenya and across sub-Saharan Africa. We enable individuals to live their lives with dignity, reduce financial related stress, and take control over their financial well-being. Power enables gig and salaried workers access to earned wages and other financial services, as well as to contribute to savings via partner banks.
We are looking for motivated and talented individuals to join our Commercial team. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, Business Development Officers will be responsible for lead generation, prospect management, customer acquisition and customer retention.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research to identify and contact potential prospects, build a sales pipeline as well as understand competitor positioning
- Assist with the preparation of BD materials including sales decks, customer messaging and other sales aides that are tailored to client needs
- Participate in sales efforts including pitching and demos
- Collaborate with company executives to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of sales database
- Provide administrative and logistical support, including organizing meetings and conference calls with potential partners as well as internal staff; and also support with customer contracting and on-boarding
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with company stakeholders and customers including support to customer care activities where required
- Analyze customer feedback data to determine whether customers are satisfied with company products and services
- Provide insight into product development and competitive positioning
- Provide input to weekly commercial team reporting
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge and skills required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field
- At least 2+ years’ experience in sales and business development
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office