Health and safety is of critical importance in achieving PowerGen’s mission to Transform Lives Through Smarter Power. As PowerGen’s HSSE Manager, you will be responsible for building a safety-first culture that empowers our team and drives adoption of a safety-first mentality. You will establish, oversee and ensure compliance of HSE Management across the Company. As HSE Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the health and safety of our team, customers, investors, government bodies, contractors and suppliers visiting any of the Company’s sites. The Company will look to you to uphold a culture of safety across the organization.
What You’ll Make Happen:
First and foremost, you will build a safety-first culture that will drive ownership and accountability of safety across the organization.
Develop and implement HSSE Management system across the organization, including continuous monitoring, ensuring compliance with Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Conduct regular HSSE training for all employees and customers in all relevant areas (public safety, safety laws, regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, use of safety equipment, etc).
Survey worksites to ensure HSSE compliance with Company policies, safety standards and government requirements
Investigate and properly document construction accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventative measures and manage return-to-work activities
Recommend corrective action and systems to ensure quick response to all incidents and accidents
Implement risk assessment and controls, including regular reporting to Executive Team and Board on compliance and risks
What You Already Have:
- OSHA certification, or equivalent
- 5+ year’s experience in a managerial capacity within Health, Safety, Sustainability & Environment role
- Health and Safety Membership of relevant professional and industry associations
- Good knowledge of relevant ISO and international HSE standards such as Occupational health and safety Management systems ISO 45001 and ISO 14001.
- Knowledge of the HSE regulatory requirements and good utility industry practices.
- Strong project management skills to ensure adoption of HSE program
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – across all levels
- Energy utility, projects or Construction industry experience is desirable.