Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Procurement Officer is responsible for sourcing and purchasing goods and services essential to our mission while ensuring compliance with organizational policies and government regulations. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day procurement support to user departments and external stakeholders with the main aim of achieving SFA Foundation’s procurement management objectives which encompass efficiency, effectiveness, equity and cost-effectiveness in all procurements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Procurement Policies and Procedures
- Assist in reviewing and updating the SFA Foundation procurement policy.
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and workflows.
- Conduct sensitisation sessions for SFA Foundation staff to ensure understanding of the procurement policy.
- Ensure proper constitution of ad hoc procurement committees for timely and consistent decision-making.
Supplier / Vendor management
- Maintain positive relationships with SFA Foundation suppliers.
- Manage the selection and registration of suppliers in the organization’s system.
- Participate in the prequalification process for suppliers.
- Implement the Approved Vendor List and conduct supplier performance appraisals.
- Address supplier queries and complaints, escalating issues when necessary.
- Ensure timely approval and support for submitted invoices.
Tender Process Management
- Develop tender documents and obtain necessary approvals.
- Advertise and receive proposals, formulating ad hoc committees when required.
- Conduct tender analysis, monitoring, and reporting for competitive cost analysis.
- Lead tender negotiations with selected bidders and debrief unsuccessful bidders.
- Coordinate the implementation of tender committee recommendations and decisions
- Review and act on requisitions from users promptly.
- Identify and contact required vendors for RFQs, RFP, and EOI submissions.
- Conduct market surveys for cost-effective proposals and day-to-day operations.
- Provide guidance to users on the appropriate procurement methods as per the procurement policy.
- Prepare bid analysis reports and lead negotiations with selected bidders.
- Handle goods and works receipt, inspection, and acceptance.
- Provide feedback to vendors.
- Seeking approval for fully reviewed contract as per the contract approval workflow.
- Sharing contracts with vendors for execution.
- Processing of Local Purchase orders (LPOs) in the procurement system (NetSuite) and sharing fully approved LPOs to vendors to facilitate delivery.
- Enforce service agreements with vendors and ensure timely renewals and terminations.
- Identification of potential risks / red flags to the SFA Foundation and escalating to the relevant oversight authority.
- Ensure implementation of approval matrix as provided by the policy and ensure segregation of duties.
- Supporting internal and external audits of the procurement processes and implementing audit recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Procurement Manager to identify the procurement training needs.
- Conduct induction of new staff.
- Sensitisation of staff on provisions in the procurement policy and SOPs.
- Assist in preparing quarterly procurement reports and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Maintain proper filing of fully executed contracts, LPOs, invoices, and procurement documents in the Document Management System (DMS).
- Follow up on invoices from vendors and reconcile vendor statements.
- Facilitate VAT exemption application process by obtaining Tax Compliance Certificates and ETR receipts.
- Generate Goods Received Note (GRN) and perform a three-way match for finance payment.
- Provide technical guidance and prepare reports on asset disposal activities.
- Guide on cost-effective asset disposal methods in accordance with policies and regulations.
System Implementation and Support
- Support users in the implementation of the Procurement System (NetSuite) and escalate issues to the Procurement Manager.
- Conduct training for users on the procurement system and ensure continuous improvement of the system.
Qualifications – Academic and Professional
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related field from a recognized institution.
- Must be a CIPS/KISM member
- A minimum of Five (5) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Must have a high level of integrity.
- Must understand and demonstrate the Foundation’s values such as respect, accountability, excellence, diversity and inclusion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to build strategic relationships.
- Must be an effective communicator and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be a critical thinker and innovative.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make decisions, plan, organise and manage work.
- Must have a high level of adaptability, engagement readiness and fast thinking.
- Must have the capability to initiate action and be keen on quality.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Must demonstrate the ability to collaborate and build trust with others.
How to Apply
Should you meet the competencies above, please submit a cover letter and a current Curriculum Vitae not exceeding 5 pages including three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
The cover letter should be no more than two pages long and explain why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you a good fit. The documents should be saved in MS Word or PDF in the following format: Your First Name-Your Last Name-Document Name-Date (mmyy) e.g., DeusWan-CV-092022-SFA
Foundation or Deus-Wan-CoverLetter-092022-SFA Foundation.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS
Closing Date : 8th December 2023