Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Objective of the Position:
Assist in identifying and validating sources of logistic items in terms of quality, check the quality of the logistic items at the reception or delivery at the KSU warehouses, perform the quality control assessment based on the defined product specifications and maintain or further develop the data base management for the KSU’s ERP system and MSF’s online catalogue.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support the Product Referent in researching for new suppliers/manufacturers to source a wide range of logistic products based on the sourcing strategy defined by his/her manager
- Support the Product Referent in visiting the newly identified or validated suppliers/manufacturers for assessing the quality of their products including to obtain all the necessary documents for further quality assessment.
- Support the Product Referent in establishing the MSF’s East Africa standard for certain logistic products in term of quality assurance.
- Communicating with suppliers/manufacturers in order to obtain the product spefications for quality assessment, KSU’s ERP database, and MSF’s online catalogue.
- Performing the data entry of logistic product information in the KSU’s ERP system as well as in the MSF online catalogue
- Assist the Product Referent to manage a technical request from the missions in collaboration with KSU Customer Service Officer according to the procedures defined by the manager
- Assist the Product Referent to check the quality of the logistic product ordered at the time of delivery at the KSU’s warehouse
- Establishing a digital library of the sourced or validated logistic products with all the relevant documents regarding the quality.
- Assisting the Product Referent to further enlarge and maintain the network with MSF stakeholders, other humanitarian actors and suppliers/manufacturers.
- Ensuring timely reporting on the daily or weekly progress and performing any other task assigned by his/her manager.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related engineering field (preferably water and sanitation, and civil engineering).
- At least 2 years’ experience in technical sales and sourcing
- Technical knowledge of products, sourcing, research and analysis of technical information, product database management and information management, computer literacy
- Familiar with procurement process and market knowledge is an added value. Humanitarian field experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in written and oral English & Swahili. French is an added value.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to ONLY submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the envelop/ email subject line, “Product Referent Assistant”, to:
The HR Manager
Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium-KSU
P.O. Box 38897-00623, Nairobi