Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Syngenta is a Global Agribusiness company with its headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. We are a market leader in the breeding and production of Seeds and Cuttings of the high-quality pot and bedding plants. In Kenya, we have two production Sites; Kenya Cuttings Limited based in Thika, and Pollen Limited based in Ruiru.
- Leads the team to achieve high efficiency and operational output and teamwork.
- Train, coach and empower vendors, production teams to achieve the desired production results.
- Ensures land/GH preparation is done on time and according to protocols ahead of planting season.
- Ensures stock seeds are received in time and have all relevant quality information with them.
- Ensures timely nursery/bed preparation to adhere to the sowing calendar.
- Provides the vendor with precise and detailed crop plan/schedule – quantities needed, number of plants, plant density, acreage, basic seeds requirement, weekly activity and labour plan for the season.
- Advises on consumables necessary for successful production activities of the ordered quantities.
- Ensures proper labeling at all stages for traceability and purity control.
- Trains production teams at different levels on relevant activities and protocols to enhance productivity and efficiency i.e. planting, labeling, training, de-suckering, defoliation, rouging, emasculation, pollen harvesting, pollination, harvesting, extraction, drying, storage, packing, and advises on shipment procedures.
- Ensures preparation and submission of monthly vendor progress reports (VPR) to the Seed Production Specialist(s) (SPS) to ensure the planning and marketing teams are reliably informed on the production progress.
- Prepares and disseminates precise but informative ad hoc and periodical reports to the stakeholders to keep all fully informed and up-to-date with the vendor activities
- Seeks, obtains and shares technical information concerning any issues that the vendor may require – tapping into the Syngenta knowledge base on behalf of the vendor
- Trains, guides and ensures adherence to phytosanitary standards in the field to control pests and diseases.
- Advises on crop protection, irrigation and crop nutrition and follows up to ensure any anomalies are corrected.
- Ensures the vendor collects and provides data on various growing and productivity parameters to assist in evaluation, decision making as well as cost transparency.
- Ensures contracts are availed and signed off by the vendor in good time.
- Coordinates relevant teams to ensures crop inspections by the Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Services (KEPHIS)
- Trains and enforces HSE rules and regulations and champions the implementation of the Syngenta HSE policy in all business operations (step by step starting with high priorities and quick wins).
- Evaluates production/seasons to measure performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Performs new vendor scouting and assessment based on agreed criteria whenever required.
- Any other tasks & projects as may be allocated from time to time.
- Undergraduate degree in Agriculture/Horticulture or its equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
- Proven experience in coordinating stakeholders
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Good analytical and organization skills
- Knowledge and experience in crop protection and scouting
- Knowledge in basic genetics and seed science
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work without/with minimum supervision
- Ability to portray good corporate image
- Understanding mature person able to handle growers/investors.