Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
In consultation with the Supervisor:
- Strengthen the capacity of County departments of health (CDoHs) on health care financing, particularly on primary health care financing, supplies financing and UHC implementation.
- Support the CDoHs to optimize Own Source Revenue (OSR) and other funding sources to increase fiscal space to purchase PHC services (particularly under the Kenya Quality Ecosystem Project).
- Provide technical support to the CDoHs to apply strategic purchasing principles to incentivize providers to improve the quality of care, with a focus on PHC services.
- Support the CDoHs in developing and implementing data-driven innovations in health financing that can improve the supply chain and productivity of human resources for health.
- Strengthen working relationships across different purchasers (The Social Health Authority – SHA (now NHIF), Private Health Insurance, MoH and the county to achieve coherence within different purchasing arrangements.
- Support the CDoHs to implement the newly enacted health financing laws – to accelerate the participation of public facilities in the Social Health Authority funds (PHC and SHI funds)
- Provide technical support to the CDoHs to strengthen the implementation of UHC and health care financing reforms.
- Support the development of county health plans and budgets in accordance with the PFM Act (2012)
- Develop partnerships and networks within counties to strengthen health systems.
- Represent ThinkWell in meetings with external partners, County Government, and other stakeholders.
Data Analytics and Reporting
- Develop high-quality reports, briefs, presentations, and other documents in a timely manner as expected.
- Support data collection, collation and analysis on health financing and purchasing in counties to inform the reforms needed to strengthen PHC and UHC.
- Collect, collate, and analyze routine data on PHC, supplies financing, UHC and other areas of focus on selected indicators to inform the development of appropriate health financing interventions.
- Support county-level monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting activities on health financing and strategic purchasing.
- Document and disseminate learning products on health financing and strategic purchasing to different stakeholders to inform policy. Use the learnings and emerging evidence to co-create, with CHMTs, sustainable health financing solutions.
- BA/BS and 7+ years experience or graduate degree and 5+ years experience.
- Substantive experience in relevant health systems work with a development agency, NGO, or county government; experience in health financing in the public sector is required.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical advice to counties in strategic and operational planning and data analytics, especially on health financing, HRH and supply chain optimization.;
- Prior work experience in primary healthcare financing, supply chain strengthening, Human Resources for Health, and PFM within the context of county health systems is highly desirable;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Office, and PowerPoint is required. Proficiency in other MS Office suites is desirable;
- Experience in data analytics software, e.g., Stata, EpiInfo, SPSS, is desirable;
- Tech savvy and skilled at visual display of data;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili;
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem-solving capabilities;
- Strong writer with an established track record of preparing high-quality technical reports, policy briefing materials, and presentations;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with a grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated poise and professionalism in engaging with external partners, in and outside government.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities, and orientations, as well as across work areas.
- Ability and willingness to travel 30% of the time.