Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Know our team
The REACTS-IN program will implement an integrated, multisectoral, evidence-based intervention that will address the key determinants of nutrition, gender inequalities and sexual reproductive ill health in underserved and rural target areas . The program’s ultimate outcome is: Improved nutrition, nutrition-related rights, and gender equality for the poorest women, adolescent girls, and children under five years of age. This will be achieved through three intermediate outcomes: ensuring Women and Adolescent Girls (WAGs) have equitable access to nutrition, health, WASH and SRHR practices, enhanced availability, and quality of gender-equitable and responsive nutrition, health and SRH services, and through strengthening the effectiveness of local stakeholders including rights groups in realizing the nutrition and SRH rights WAGs. REACTS-IN will be implemented in Elgeyo Marakwet county.
About the role
The program assistant main role is to contribute to the effectiveness of REACTS-IN program in Kenya through providing efficient program and administrative support services to the project team to ensure appropriate grants and program support in a timely and efficient manner to ensure that the NI program delivery, in line with NI’s policies and procedures and objectives.
- Assist program officers in reviewing project proposals from consultants / grantees and advice prior to contracting.
- Assist the REACTS- IN team with the management and tracking of program budgets, milestones, reports to ensure that all obligations are met by the recipient and NI.
- Undertake day-to-day project administrative responsibilities such as determining funds available to project, preparing project estimated costs in consultation with the Accounts Officer and, responding to recipient’s requests for budgetary reallocations etc
- Make the appropriate travel arrangements for the technical advisors, program team, consultants, workshop participants, visitors, etc. including Travel Authorities, travel itineraries, travel letters, visas, etc.
- Review submitted financial reports from the program officers to ensure that they are in compliance with NI policy and procedure requirements.
- Draft grant and consultancy agreements; prepare contract approval sheet (CAS) and seek necessary approvals.
- Monitor contracts and recipient grants and maintain the same in the contracts database
- In consultation with NI personnel, liaise with grantee on the submission of technical reports and ensure obligations are met by both the grantee and NI.
- Prepare Funding approval form, seek the necessary approvals; forward fund transfer to grantee/consultants.
- Review financial statements from consultants/grantees to ensure that they meet the grants/consultancy criteria stipulated in signed agreement and give appropriate feedback to the program officer(s).
- Develop and maintain good program and administrative records management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field from a recognized university or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience working in an office environment.
- 3 years’ experience working in program management environment.
- Experience with the management of office operations
- Experience working with the Microsoft suite.
- Experience working with database, an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, teamwork, plan and organization skills.
Deadline for submission: 20th September 2023