Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African- led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy- relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Program Coordinator to work in its Research and Related Capacity Strengthening (RRCS) Division to support the management and coordination of APHRC’s Research Support Hub. This is an opportunity to join an existing team dedicated to conducting research-related short course training focusing on postgraduates, early and mid-career researchers. The position will require time spent in Dakar, Senegal.
- Lead the design and development of training resources and courses for on-line, face-to- face and hybrid training on grantsmanship (with a focus on ideation, grant writing and identification of funding sources) in English and French.
- Lead the design and development of a Trainer-of-Trainers workshop of the grantsmanship course for facilitators (English and French speaking).
- Support the curriculum development process for select courses (i.e. lead the planning, content and method development, testing, implementation, and course evaluation).
- Lead logistics, academic planning and recruitment of facilitators for face-to-face, on-line and hybrid training opportunities of the Research Support Hub.
- Lead the dissemination of the Research Support Hub training opportunities and recruitment of participants ensuring diversity and Africa-wide reach.
- Conduct training needs assessments to identify skills and knowledge gaps to be addressed through different support modalities and assessment of offered training opportunities.
- Lead dissemination of training and research support opportunities to potential individuals and institutions.
- Manage the virtual academy elements of the Research Support Hub, ensuring they are up to date, accessible in English and French, and ready to support the engagement of researchers across Africa.
- Design and implement Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) tools to continuously monitor project implementation.
- Lead report writing based on data collected routinely as part of the project M&E.
- Lead the dissemination of best practices to appropriate audiences, including manuscript writing when appropriate; and
- Contribute to RRCS program sustainability by supporting research-support proposal development
- Support the RRCS Division’s strategic discussions and decision- making processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- PhD in Health Systems Strengthening, Public Health, Applied Sciences, Education, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least seven years post-master’s experience in an academic or research setting.
- Experience developing training resources and short courses and conducting capacity strengthening activity in academic settings and/or research institutes.
- Good oral communication and writing skills in English and French.
- A good record of publications (at least three as a lead author in peer reviewed journals)
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and coordination skills and ability to work in a culturally diverse team.
- Strong quantitative skills (managing, analyzing & interpreting data), with extensive familiarity with quantitative statistical packages (e.g. Stata, SAS or SPSS).
- Expertise in mixed methods research approaches.
- Experience with e-learning platforms.
This position is classified under Internationally Recruited Positions (IRP), Grade VI in our scales.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through Program Coordinator by December 06, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required submit a Police Clearance Certificate at a certain stage of the recruitment process. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi