Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing heath challenges.
PATH Kenya seeks to hire three Program Officer Economic strengthening for a multi-year USAID-funded award Nuru-Ya-Mtoto project in Kenya, to be based in Homa Bay, Kisii and Migori Counties. The main objective of the project is to provide quality HIV preventions services among vulnerable adolescent girls and young women, and quality health and social services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children.
As a key member of the USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto (USAID-NYM) Project team, the Program Officer/s Economic strengthening will facilitate efficient and effective implementation of USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto Economic Strengthening interventions in accordance with organizational goals, objectives, standards, and donor requirements.
The project Officers will provide technical support towards ensuring delivery of holistic HES strategy to the targeted and OVC Households, age and service-appropriate economic strengthening package to the AGYW.
They will facilitate the AGYW and OVC households on market systems development and integration on prioritized value chains and in so doing ensure effective linkages both upstream and downstream of the value chains. Further they will need to identify requisite BDS services considering the needs of the target group. They will ensure the project Public Private Partnership strategy is implemented for resource leveraging to ensure service delivery to the target beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with NYM’s program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Work in a team of County DREAMS, OVC, M&E and Grants Program Officers to contribute to the overall achievement of the DREAMS and OVC objectives.
- Identify and guide beneficiaries on economic and entrepreneurship options based in the findings of the County Local Market Analysis/Assessment.
- Provide technical support in formation and trainings of Saving and Loaning groups for members (AGYW and OVCs Households)
- Under the guidance of the TA-ES, support DREAMs LIP by building the capacity of Ward Coordinators and the facilitators in ensuring optimal delivery of Entrepreneurship training and financial capability trainings EBIs.
- Build capacities of HES Officers to ensure effective delivery of HES interventions.
- Conduct AGYW’s and OVC’s businesses’ monitoring, support and mentorship using standardized tools to ensure quality program implementation in the journey towards graduation.
- Identify local networking and mentorship opportunities for AGYW/OVC HHs started on businesses.
- Support in developing and implementing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual project work plans, project activities and budgets.
- Monitor the implementation and quality of the Entrepreneurship Training and Financial Capability Training sessions and provide remedial support.
- Facilitate establishment of business units (Producer groups, SMEs groups, marketing associations/cooperatives) for the OVC households and AGYW.
- Compilation and submission of training reports, monthly reports and other periodic reports on timely basis to the STA.
- Represent the STA and County coordinator at the county forums and strengthen inter-sector integration within the county.
- Make timely requisitions for implementation of activities as per the work plan through the Senior Technical Advisor and subsequent timely reconciliation with appropriate support documents once service has been delivered.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist Local implementing partners(LIPs) in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Represent NYM in meetings at county, sub county and ward levels, working groups, and other events as requested, to support forging relations with the GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and NYM standards and established schedules.
- Create community linkages for broader community engagement in Economic strengthening.
- Work with project grants officer to monitor budget utilization and ensure adherence to set compliance guidelines.
- Updating the Senior Technical Advisor on emerging issues from time to time.
- A Degree in Agriculture Education and Extension, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business administration, Community Development studies, social studies, and Entrepreneurship.
- Experience in supporting Household Economic Strengthening to reedy households for graduation.
- Experience in OVC Case Management approach aimed at increasing resiliency of the child and the family.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with stakeholders e.g., DREAMS, Department of Children Services and Department of Health in identifying, enrolling and cross-referring OVC.
- Working knowledge of the Children Protection Information Management System (CPIMS).
- At least 4 years of work experience in OVC project.
- In-depth understanding of donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact, and reporting.
- Ability to implement participatory action planning approaches and engage County, Sub- County and Ward-level stakeholders.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Excellent understanding of the Department of Children Services and County Department of Health’s structures and services.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members and inspire teamwork among diverse partners without direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.