Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Under the direct supervision of the OzonAction Regional Network Coordinator Compliance Assistance Programme-Anglophone Network, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support RNCs and other regional CAP staff in the implementation of national and regional projects related to Montreal Protocol activities.
- Prepare Small-Scale Funding Agreements (SSFAs) on specific OzonAction-related activities in close consultation with the Activity Leaders,
- Review financial and progress reports from countries and project financial commitments to ensure they are equal to the approved project budgets;
- Review country reports required within the specified project reporting period.
- Assist in implementing a sustainable system of activities status tracking and reporting in IPMR.
- Provide administrative and substantive support to Network or other meetings, conferences, workshops by proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposing participants, assisting in the preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Coordinate secretarial and logistical services for meetings in cooperation with local or-ganizers and assist network coordinator in preparing and finalizing meeting reports
- Assist in the preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take an active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publica-tions/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Compliance Assistance Programme by providing administrative support and specialized assistance to the Regional Network Coordinator in the assigned areas of responsibility.
- 27 – 80
- Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
- 3 years of experience in Business Administration, project management, Finance, or other relevant field.
- Strong command of standard computer applications (i.e Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others)
- Analytical and good communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute and work as part of a team.
- Taking initiative and result-driven.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Area(s) of expertise
- Business management, Development programmes, Economics and finance
- Driving license
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business Administration, project management or Finance or other relevant field.
Competencies and values
- Client Orientation
- Commitment and Motivation
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Planning and Organizing
- Respect for Diversity
Closing Date : 4th December 2023