Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Supports and guides monitoring and reporting on the performance of UNEP’s programmes, sub-programme projects and thematic funds, including the enhancement of data, reporting tools and mechanisms; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Researches, analyzes and presents data and information gathered from diverse sources, including from various enterprise systems.
- Assists in the development of policies, frameworks and tools related to monitoring and reporting of environmental programmes, including the review and analysis of issues, trends, data and UN system-wide best practices and in monitoring, reporting and data analysis of environmental programmes.
- Undertakes survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems / issues and prepares conclusions in relation to performance reporting on environmental project implementation, UNEA resolutions, human resources and financial management issues.
- Prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to environmental publications.
- Provides substantive support to environmental meetings and conferences, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Undertakes outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars, and makes presentations on environmental topics/activities relating to performance monitoring and reporting at UNEP and the corresponding reporting systems utilized.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme / project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and prepares related documents and reports.
- Strengthens UNEP’s internal capacity in preparing and publishing environmental project information as per transparency and oversight requirements.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provide insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
- Performs other duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to performance monitoring and reporting of environmental programmes. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data management using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Ability to analyze and interpret data in support of decision-making and convey resulting information to management. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
- TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in project management, monitoring and evaluation, information management, environmental or social sciences or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in environmental project or programme management or monitoring and reporting is required.
- Experience in content management, environmental project management systems, and management of performance monitoring systems is desirable.
- Experience in developing data management tools, organizing and maintaining databases is desirable.
- Experience in training, promotion and outreach on innovative digital solutions is desirable.
- Experience in operating data visualization technologies is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in environmental data science and analytics is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Deadline closes 11 October 2023