Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
SCOPE OF WORK
As the Programme Manager, you will drive and implement high quality Malaria programming through the provision of technical guidance and capacity building of staff and implementing providers. You will serve as Programme Manager Malaria Global Fund project. You will build strategic partnerships with stakeholders in the Malaria sector, including donors. This leadership should be evident through: the growth and/or development of respective technical program, projects performance, quality, and continued responsiveness to Amref, national and international priorities.
Malaria Programme Strategic Leadership
- Provide the political, geographic and technical guidance that together with strategic alignment will shape the development and implementation of all Malaria program investments at Amref Kenya
- Provide up to date professional advice to the Programme Director on Malaria program strategic issues in order to support development of relevant strategies, policies and initiatives.
- In close collaboration with the Programme Director, support development and review of Amref Health Africa’s plans and priorities in the Malaria technical focus to ensure maximum impact is derived with available resources.
- Lead on development and implementation of cutting edge and evidence-based strategies and investments in Malaria technical area working closely with the Programme Director.
- Coordinate Global Fund and other donors, key stakeholders, implementing partners and interact with numerous GOK institutions and representatives, particularly at county/ facility level.
Quality and Performance
- Set and monitor achievement of performance and personal development objectives for all direct reports in the Malaria program creating a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
- Ensure Malaria program are aligned with and contribute to Amref Corporate focus and National strategies, policies, operational guidelines, and protocols,
- Contribute to problem identification and gap analysis leading to prioritization of the interventions and strategic focus of the program.
- Quality assure all operational plans for projects to ensure they are realistic.
- Carry out periodic and annual performance appraisals and provide on-going performance monitoring and feedbackk to the program staff.
Administrative & Financial Management
- Provide for financial and administrative management of the Global Fund Malaria grant.
- Maintain close relationships with the Global Fund’s Local Fund Agent (LFA) and provide the required assistance and services
- Prepare the consolidated programme and financial reports and submit to the relevant officers including KCM, Senior Management team, GF/LFA
- Develop operational budgets in conjunction with project and finance teams ensuring efficiency and value for money.
- Regularly review financial performance against set targets for the projects, develop remedial and ensure follow through of remedial actions.
- Budget monitoring to ensure expenditure is in line with set budgets and in accordance with donor and Amref financial rules and regulations.
- Ensure programme compliance with internal control procedures.
Programme Monitoring & Evaluation
- In liaison with the MEAL unit, provide administrative support to projects to develop and implement M & E plans.
- Monitor all programs through periodic field visits (at least 50% of time) and review sessions and ensure that programme implementation strategies are compatible with overall program goals and objectives.
- Liaise with various stakeholders- National and County Governments and other operational partners in the Country through attendance in coordination meetings at County/national and other relevant forums.
- Ensure program assessments are conducted timely in accordance with donor specific requirements, information is analyzed and shared with all stakeholders; and appropriate actions are taken by programme technical staff in collaboration with clients, and partners.
- Support in the Development of tools for the measurement of projects and development of stringent monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Ensure timely development and internal review of all programme donor reports in collaboration with M&E and Finance department in line with donor reporting guidelines.
Human Resources Management
- Lead in the managerial and technical capacities of staff to ensure they are effectively contributing to the achievement of the Malaria programme objectives.
- Foster development of vibrant teams in projects, so that project teams grow into ‘winning teams’ where Program managers provide effective leadership.
- Identify staff development needs and provide coaching and mentorship, as well as link to training and development opportunities, to spur performance.
- Identify career growth plans for Malaria program staff and support their movement along career paths through linkage to effective mentorship.
- Proactively identify appropriate training/capacity building opportunities for reportees that are in line with their performance plans and organization objectives.
- Ensure the performance management system for all programme staff is followed and carried out as required
- Identify and manage internal conflict through appropriate resolution mechanisms, where necessary involving the Program Director and Human Resources Manager.
- Provide leadership in the documentation of best practice models in the Malaria programme with the support of Program Director, Communications Unit. And other relevant departments within Amref.
- Create environment for learning across projects within the programme, and across programmes through joint Meetings and synergy forums.
- In coordination with Program Director and Business Development Unit, actively identify potential Malaria funding opportunities.
- Provide technical leadership in the development of high-quality needs-based Malaria project proposals.
Research and Advocacy
- Provide technical leadership in the identification, development and implementation of relevant Malaria operations research drawing on support from the MEAL Unit
- Provide technical leadership in identification of relevant Malaria policy issues and supporting policy advocacy action/process in liaison with Program Director and Advocacy focal person within Amref.
- Develop and maintain working and advocacy partnerships with health and development stakeholders in Malaria program areas, including Counties of coverage and MOH policy fora (HSWGs, COEs).
Networking & Relations Management
- Participate in relevant technical working groups and committees primarily at national level, provide feedback and develop networks needed to support Amref Kenya deliver on Malaria program agenda.
- Manage day to day relations with counties assigned by the Program Technical Team (PTT) through the Program Director.
- Develop and promote partnerships and networking with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to local authorities, relevant Government of Kenya Ministries, NGOs and Donor Agencies
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of Medical/Health degree and a Master’s Degree in public health or a related field.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Knowledgeable about current implementation science and state-of-the-art delivery approaches.
- Eight (8) years relevant work experience in Public Health management; 5+ years should be dedicated to provision of program and management backstopping to donor-funded public health projects.
- Practical experience in working with Global Fund is required.
- Prior experience with malaria (or infectious disease) programs is highly preferred.
- Proven management experience in supervision of staff in cross functional teams.
- Fluency in English language required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality.
How to Apply
Interested? Please send your CV with the title ‘Programme Manager – Global Fund Malaria Programme’ to the email address email@example.com. The closing date will be Thursday 30 November, 2023 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.