Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
You are committed to Africa? You are an experienced advocate for African led conservation and development? You are passionate about biodiversity, partnerships with government institutions, development actors and businesses that leave none behind? Then this is for you!
The Project Officer – Natural Resource Management and Climate Change will support the implementation and delivery of Natural Resource Management (NRM) and Climate Smart Conservation activities under AWF SIDA-funded project that seeks to enhance biodiversity conservation and Climate Resilience in Southern Kenya Landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support planning and implementation of projects, and ensure projects are mainstreamed to climate change.
- In coordination with the Landscape Manager, prepare and update priority-based work plans.
- Participate in the identification of strategic partners and other key stakeholders in the Southern Kenya Landscape counties to ensure close consultation with the AWF and contribute to the development of Terms of References (ToRs) for workshops.
- Assist community organizations in the implementation of approved activities, in compliance with AWF guidelines and budget.
- In coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation team, update and maintain the project database.
- Review and elaborate relevant documents, reports, and articles affecting Kenya’s conservation on a need basis and inform messages to key audiences.
- In coordination with the Landscape Manager, manage the regular engagements with the local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Community and partners involved in the Projects, which include effective coordination and cooperation between project partners.
- Support the Landscape Manager with county government officers’ liaison on issues within the southern Kenya landscape.
- Identify and promote sustainable alternative livelihoods for local communities.
- Identify and document appropriate best practices in community-based approaches to natural resource management.
- Support in community mobilizations and sensitization within the southern Kenya landscape
- Facilitate Natural Resource Management and climate change-related training, seminars and workshops.
- Provide and document lessons learned and application of experiences for project, landscape or/and program; proactively ensuring that NRM/climate findings get their way into and inform AWF program.
- Support in activity reporting and documentation.
- Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirement and Skills
- A university degree in Natural Resource management, climate-related studies, environment, wildlife management, conservation biology or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in community-based approaches including county-level engagements.
- Ability to carry out research, need assessments and prepare technical feasibilities and reports.
- Ability to develop annual work plans & and reporting.
- Ability to facilitate relevant training/events/workshops.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member.
- Ability to travel frequently, if required.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools is an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken English and Kiswahili required. Knowledge of a local language (Maa) will be an added advantage.
- Interest in Conservation and AWF’s mission.
CLOSING DATE: November 27, 2023