Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Protection Assistant normally reports to a more senior Protection colleague. The incumbent provides functional and administrative support to the protection unit on protection related liaison, correspondence, monitoring, case management and reporting activities.
The Protection Assistant also supports the protection unit in designing a comprehensive protection strategy and in providing quality, timely and effective protection responses to persons of concern (PoC). S/he may liaise externally with local authorities and partners on correspondence and/or protection issues as guided by the supervisor.
The Protection Assistant also facilitates the involvement of PoC in making decisions that affect them, whether in accessing their rights or in identifying appropriate solutions to their problems. To achieve this, the incumbent will need to build and maintain effective interfaces with communities of concern, local authorities and protection and assistance partners.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct.
- Observe and respect protection related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Provide functional and administrative support in all protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners.
- Provide functional and administrative support in implementing participatory approaches, needs assessments, monitoring, reporting and case management.
- Support assessments on durable solutions through voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement.
- Facilitate liaison with competent authorities for the issuance of personal and other relevant documents.
- Assist in drafting reports, routine correspondence, updating relevant databases and compiling statistics within the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
- Select PoC for preliminary interviews and decide which relevant information to share.
- Enforce integrity in the delivery of protection services by local implementing partners.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G4 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
- Not applicable
Certificates and/or Licenses
- (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Essential: Not specified.
- Desirable: Not specified.
- PR-Protection-related guidelines, standards and indicators
- PR-Refugee Protection Principles and Framework
- IT-Computer Literacy
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- The incumbent will provide functional and administrative support in all protection related AGD based programming including sustained liaison with competent authorities at field level. S/he will facilitate field level protection delivery including case litigation/case management and issuance of personal and other relevant documents. S/he will observe adherence and respect of protection related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), enforce integrity in all field protection undertakings by partners. The incumbent will also perform other related duties as required.
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
- Core Values, IT-Computer Literacy, Languages, Professional Etiquette, PR-Protection-related guidelines, standards and indicators, PR-Refugee Protection Principles and Framework, Respect Diversity, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Work Relationships
- High School: Social Work (Required)
- HCR Learning Program UNHCR, HCR Protection Induction Prog UNHCR, HCR Protection Learning Program Statelessness UNHCR, HCR Protection Learning Program UNHCR, HCR Thematic Protection Learning Program UNHCR
- Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Stakeholder management, Teamwork & collaboration
Deadline Closes : December 4, 2023