Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the representative office of the Secretary-General. We support programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) and the Resident Coordination System (RCS) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services http://www.unon.org).
This post is located in Host Country Services Unit (HCSU) Central Support Services, Division of Administrative Services, United Nations Office at Nairobi. Under the supervision of the Manager, HCSU, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Arrange for the notification of the host country government upon arrival of new staff members and their dependents, the issuance of diplomatic identity cards and personal identification numbers. Prepare and submit notification of departure to the relevant host country department for those leaving the country. Process renewals of the diplomatic identity cards upon their expiry as required. Monitor and follow-up delays with the relevant host government department(s).
- Ensure timely processing for the issuance and renewals of re-entry passes for staff members and their dependents, the issuance and renewal of entry permits for non-Kenyan locally recruited staff members, extensions of entry visa for interns and consultants, and the issuance of Kenya entry visas for meeting participants. Monitor and follow up delays with the relevant host government department(s).
- Ensure timely processing of:
- the issuance/renewal of Kenyan driving licenses for official vehicles as well as for the private vehicles of privileged staff members and their dependents;
- registration of new vehicles purchased officially as well as privately by privileged staff members and their dependents;
- transfer/disposal of the above-mentioned vehicles;
- the issuance and retrieval of number plates for the above-mentioned vehicles. Monitor and follow up delays with the relevant host country department(s).
- Ensure timely processing of official Value added Tax (VAT) exemptions, annual VAT blanket exemptions for official/staff members accounts and individual staff members’ V.A.T. claims. Monitor and follow up delays with the relevant host country department(s).
- Coordinate the issuance of temporary and annual airport passes for the eligible senior staff members of UN subscribing agencies.
- Assist the Supervisor in maintaining of up-to-date, accurate and consistent content in the host country relations unit website, standard operating procedures and guidelines to staff on the processing of the same and carry out weekly induction for new staff and focal points.
- Draft correspondence, note verbales, covering letters. Stand in for the other protocol and liaison assistants in the unit in their absence.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of database maintenance functions; ability to undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources; demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given; ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making; shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology.
- Completion of secondary education/ high school diploma is required.
- Diploma from technical college in a field relevant to the post is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in general office administration is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first level University degree.
- Practical experience in ALL of these areas; accreditation, duty-free, value-added tax exemption, vehicle registration and driving license processing in a diplomatic setting is required.
- Experience working with e-government systems such as IPMIS, NTSA/TIMS, eFNS and iTax is required.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Closing Date : 29 November 2023