Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The job holder shall assess, diagnose and provide psycho-social support to address the psychological problems and the behavioral dysfunctions resulting from, or related to physical and mental health.
- Facilitate and coordinate the provision of professional counseling services for learners, adolescents, and staff with protection concerns by conducting individual and group sessions.
- Conducting relevant training on psycho-social wellbeing to program staff, support staff, and community structures to ensure the rights of the child are upheld.
- Ensure that staff are aware of their obligatory duty to report and record any incident or suspected child protection concern.
- Ensure compliance with the child protection policy and implementation of the same
- Plan, organize, and implement quality community sensitization forums in partnership with the program staff leading the Health and Leadership program and the Network for Excellence.
- Maintain an up-to-date confidential database on counseling clients
- Ensure timely production of activity/events reports as well as monthly reports as per the agreed timelines and documentation of lessons learned
- Proactively promote the need to prevent and protect children that Kakenya’s Dream staff comes into contact with from harm, injury, illness, or abuse.
- Ensure that all Child protection concerns and complaints are reported to the Clinic Manager within 24 hours of their occurrence and in line with the Child Protection Policy Standards on Reporting Concerns
- Facilitate regular opportunities to discuss concerns about practices within teams or with other colleagues to help develop a safe working environment and an open and supportive culture.
- Provide individual and group counseling to youths with identified concerns and needs.
- Implement an effective referral and follow-up process as needed.
- Conduct a yearly audit to review the counseling needs and trends in the clinic, and the extent to which the Counseling program is effective in its implementation, based on the data collected and analyzed.
- Prepare the results of such analysis in a manner that makes it possible to share the information with different stakeholders: students, teachers, parents, and guardians.
- Other duties as assigned
- A diploma/degree in Counseling Psychology/Medical Psychology or related field
- At least two years of experience working with children and youth is desirable
- Registered with the Kenya Counselors and Psychologists Association (KCPA)
- Experience working with youth mental health programs is mandatory
- Experience in the sexual reproductive health field is an added advantage
- Ability to use a wide range of child counseling methodologies
- Positive attitude towards community work with an emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support innovative approaches to problem-solving
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please email your certificate of registration with the relevant professional body, resume and a cover letter indicating your expected salary and availability to email@example.com on or before the close of business on Tuesday 28th November 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.