Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offering professional, engaging and friendly service
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be able to maintain good relationship with all departments to promote effective purchasing.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Audits.
- Work closely with the Chef and the Restaurant Managers to purchase the highest quality product while constantly searching for the lowest price.
- Ensure that all purchase order requests are properly completed and approved before a purchase order is prepared and the items are purchased.
- Ensure that all items received by the hotel are properly documented in accordance with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts purchasing and receiving procedures.
- Place daily food orders based on requirements, and ensure prompt delivery as requested within the prescribed receiving hours.
- Place weekly liquor, beer and wine orders as required.
- Generate purchase orders (or equivalent) and obtain authorization from the Controller and General manager prior to processing these orders.
- Participate as required in the monthly or quarterly count of food and beverage inventories as well as with the quarterly count of operating equipment, according to company policy.
- Ensure that there are sufficient expendable operating supplies on hand for each department by coordinating regular inventories with the storeroom personnel and /or department heads.
- Distribute a copy of the purchase orders to the receiving department, if this process is not electronic, to ensure accurate receiving and distribution of goods.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk in researching any discrepancies on invoices.
- Establish and maintain par stocks on all inventoried items, keeping in mind that inventory levels must be kept as low as possible without compromising the efficiency of the hotel.
- Coordinate and participate as necessary in all month-end or quarterly inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies.
- · At least 2 years of experience in a similar role is an asset.
- · A diploma in Purchasing or Supplies management.