Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the Role
- The Quality Engineer role is at the forefront of the Engineering team’s endeavor to drive the quality and reliability of delivered solutions and to improve the technical processes that uphold required non-functional best practices.
- Serving more farmers indispensably calls for the supporting technical tools to follow scale accordingly. This means that more services and apps are required to fulfill a growing number of user and business requirements while the same quality and reliability are inherently mandated for the best level of service and user experience.
- You will be working with Software Engineers, Business Analysts, and DevOps Engineers across the Engineering department and reporting to an Engineering Manager.
- Our technologies include Java, C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, React (Native), Docker/Kubernetes, and our tooling landscape is based on GitHub/ SonarCloud/ JIRA/ Xray / Azure DevOps.
Review requirements, specifications, and technical designs while providing prompt feedback and contributions
- During the software/product design phase, identify quality assurance parameters to subsequently take into account for other phases of the software development processes.
- As a member of an agile team, contribute to backlog grooming to make sure user stories are well-defined with the necessary non-functional scope of work such as acceptance criteria and test cases
Devise and endorse standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Plan and collect quality data using dev tools and other user engagement techniques
- Keep track of key metrics and indicators of product quality that inform decisions and strategies by stakeholders
- Plan test schedules following project scope or delivery dates
Inspire creativity in streamlining overall testing processes
- Research, develop, and recommend industry standards, and tools to assist the development team or the Engineering team in test planning, execution, and reporting
Coordinate testing activities and document quality control
- Develop comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop, execute, and monitor manual and automated testing: unit, integration, and acceptance (end-to-end, regression, and non-regression) tests
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality and make recommendations for usability improvement
- Identify, isolate, and track bugs throughout all stages of testing:
- Lead documentation reviews during the product release cycle to track quality and ensure comprehensive product documentation
- Utilize tools such as SonarCloud and Xray, among others, to assess the coverage of test suites and make recommendations for additional test cases
- Identify any edge cases and potential problems that users might encounter and document them in troubleshooting guides or catalog them as a technical debt to be subsequently cleared
- Act among first responders to imminent troubleshooting and incident management
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Experience in one of our countries of operation (Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Nigeria, and Ethiopia)
- 3+ years of experience in software development with a focus on software testing, quality assurance, and control. Recommended certifications: CSQA, CAST, CSTE, ASTQB, ISTQB
- With automated testing and writing or instrumenting unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Experience working in Agile
Preferred Start Date
- As soon as possible
- 17 October 2023.