Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Perform plain radiography work and ultrasonography
- Identify all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures
- Review patient history and assess physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
- Duly maintain imaging records and files of exams performed on patients
- Perform computed tomography procedures utilizing established scan protocols, including contrast administration without requiring constant supervision
- Utilize complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, reconstruction and documentation of image data and complete procedures according to protocol
- Ensure all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through system;
- All exams are properly networked to PACS for archiving and interpretation
- All charges are adequately entered for the exams performed
- Administer per oral, rectal and IV contrast as per physician orders/department policy and assess patients for potential risk factors prior to the administration of the contrast media required for the imaging procedure
- Demonstrate proper technique in venepuncture; demonstrate proper use of power injector according to set protocols set by department and/or manufacturer.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient’s fears and solicit their cooperation
- Perform a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement to adjust protocols, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic CT purposes
- Perform all aspects of CT imaging to include; Head, Neck, Chest, Abdomen, Pelvis Extremities, 3D Reconstructions of CT, Multi-planar Reformats CT and Angiographic studies when requested and/or when part of a standard procedure
- Degree/Diploma in radiography /Higher National diploma in ultrasound.
- Valid license from Kenya Nuclear Regulatory authority(KNRA)
- Registered by society of radiography in Kenya(SORK)
- Proficiency in computer application packages
- 2 + years of experience
Technical skills/Leadership competencies
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills in order to explain procedures to patients
- Good observation skills and attention to detail
- Proactive team player with strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work
- Swahili (Preferred)