Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- Pro-actively work with Talent Manager to manage and support full cycle recruitment, closely work with managers and leaders to understand current and future hiring needs.
- Work with hiring managers to develop, refine and update job descriptions and advise on best sourcing strategies.
- Responsible for publishing job adverts in various job boards, social networks and platforms
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices by utilizing knowledge of multiple recruiting sources and execute innovative strategies to source candidates.
- Be a collaborator working closely with hiring managers on candidate screening processes and provide support in managing interviews, candidate assessments, background checks and closing processes.
- Be a strong partner. Provide technical support to hiring managers on internal recruitment guidelines and market best practices and work closely with Talent Manager to provide coaching to managers.
- In close working with the Talent Manager, ensure VillageReach annual hiring plan remains updated and act as the point of contact for VillageReach recruitment needs.
- Stay abreast of recruiting analytics, build talent networks, monitor and identify new ways to source candidates to build and expand talent pools
- Closely work with HR Officers to support country level recruitments.
- Deliver an exceptional high-touch candidate experience, enhancing VillageReach’s brand as a ‘best work place’ by building influential candidate relationships during recruitment processes and active candidate sourcing initiatives.
- Create and provide reports on time to fill, candidate diversity, hiring trends and other key recruitment reports
- As a key member of the Human Resources Community of Practice at VillageReach, contribute content and resources to the community.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position currently has no direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving recruitment related problems.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- 2 – 4 years of experience in HR role, preferably in an international development or other global context.
- 1 – 2 years demonstrated experience leading recruitment.
- Relevant HR Recruiter certification will have added advantage.
- Experience using ATS and HRIS systems. Fearless with technical systems. Ability to create and implement various sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Proven success in conducting interviews using various methods (phone, video, email, in-person)
- Familiarity with a variety of job boards.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and the ability to be agile in a dynamic and uncertain environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Good knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations both at the local and global level preferred
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Comply with VillageReach’s COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires full vaccination for in-person work or travel.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Fluency in verbal and written English required, French and/or Portuguese preferred.