Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
The primary responsibility of the Livelihoods Associate is to support the Livelihoods team in implementing RefugePoint’s Urban Refugee Livelihoods Program in Nairobi. The key role for this position will be monitoring and mentoring supported clients. The Livelihoods Program is part of RefugePoint’s broader stabilization and empowerment services, and the successful candidate will work closely with other staff in the coordination of holistic assistance. This position reports to the Livelihoods Officer.
Core responsibilities of the position
Project implementation and monitoring
- Participate in regular monitoring of the supported beneficiaries, update their progress and emerging issues through planned field visits;
- Work closely with clients receiving business grants to help them establish and run their businesses profitably; provide business advice, and constructive coaching to clients;
- Conduct mentorship to granted clients to enhance success of their businesses;
- Work closely with business community monitors and provide monthly reports on businesses progress;
- Maintain comprehensive, clear client records in the database and/or in clients’ files;
- Assist in compiling of all monitoring information on a regular basis and documentation of lessons learned from field visits and project activities;
- Assist in developing appropriate tools for use in monitoring and reporting on clients’ progress.
Direct service provision
- Identify and assess suitable refugees to engage in Livelihoods activities according to RefugePoint’s standard operating procedures;
- Support refugees to develop practical small business plans, review business plans, and supporting disbursement of grant funds;
- Facilitate training for refugees in basic business skills (bookkeeping, marketing, savings, etc.) according to RefugePoint’s curriculum;
- Follow up on disbursed cash grants and ensure receipt of cash by clients through telephone calls or conducting field visits.
- Help clients access new markets through market linkage opportunities;
- Actively participate in graduation sessions for clients in collaboration with Social Workers;
- Maintain established relationships with external partners.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Entrepreneurship or other related studies;
- At least two years experience with urban livelihoods or with vulnerable populations;
- Experience in the use of computer and office software packages (MS Word, MS Excel etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Ability to provide continuous input to the organizations’ processes, implementation of new systems etc;
- Strong business and analytical skills;
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written;
- Typing skills with a minimum speed of 40 WPM.
- Excellent command of the most common methodologies to identify, assess, and monitor income generating activities with a proven record of achievements;
- Experience working with refugees;
- A high degree of cultural sensitivity and ability to adjust to changes;
- A great sense of self motivation and ability to work with a high level of autonomy;
- Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to work well in a team and promote teamwork.
Recent Police Clearance Certificate
You must be logged in to post a comment.