This job has been expired
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
Sign Up For Targeted Job Updates Here
Core Responsibilities of this Position:
- Receive applications from refugee applicants and conduct different types and levels of screening (which may include but not limited to paper review, phone screening, intakes and informal language assessment etc.) to ensure the applicants meet the economic mobility program criteria, employer needs, provincial and federal requirements;
- Lead and support candidates in producing high-quality CVs that meet program standards;
- Develop understanding and knowledge around participating countries’ economic mobility programs including their skills classification and apply the same during screening;
- Coordinate language training and formal language testing with accredited testing centres;
- Liaise and correspond with UNHCR offices, namely, Branch Office Kenya, Sub Office Dadaab and Sub Office Kakuma around the screening process and requirements;
- Conduct data entry for all applications received by entering all pertinent data points required;
- Enter and update the economic mobility database consistently, organize information to fit the format required by the database and ensure data is backed up;
- Create accurate spreadsheets that capture pertinent information necessary for implementing the program and generate statistics when required;
Employment Applications/Job Interviews
- Provide support to applicants in drafting, preparing and completing job applications including writing curriculum vitae, resumes and other required documentation;
- In coordination with the supervisor, conduct job interview preparation for the applicants, which includes employer briefing, providing guidance on and sharing relevant reading materials, scheduling and or conducting mock interviews and giving feedback;
- Facilitate employer interviews and, when necessary, conduct missions to camps.
- Facilitate the completion of provincial and federal immigration documents by demonstrating a firm grasp of the immigration requirements of the participating countries and guiding applicants through the process, including the sourcing of required documents.
- Provide all other support to ensure the successful submission of immigration applications and troubleshooting where necessary.
- When required, undertake missions to UNHCR offices in Kakuma, Dadaab, Nairobi and other locations to conduct screening, language testing, preparation of employment applications including CVs/resumes, job interviews, completion of provincial and federal immigration documents.
Documentation and Record Keeping
- Maintain soft and hard copies of the program’s related documents.
- Create and document files to allow for retrieval when necessary.
- Document best practices learned when undertaking data entry and general screening.
Information Sharing and Expectations Management
- When required, engage in information sharing/awareness-raising and expectations management sessions about labour mobility with participating applicants and the refugee community in general. Ensure the communication about prospects and opportunities is realistic and in line with program requirements and standard operating procedures.
- When needed, conduct focus group sessions with the community to assess the level of awareness about the program, clarify any misconceptions or misinformation, gather relevant information/data and field questions from the community.
Attend to other program duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Office Administration, Business Administration, Social Studies or any other related field.
- Secretarial or administrative experience in private or public sector is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good command of MS Office packages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Good working knowledge of English is required.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Experience working with refugee communities in urban areas.
- French proficiency is considered an added advantage.
- Previous data entry, file review and form fill work experience is considered an advantage.
- A certificate of police clearance.
You must be logged in to post a comment.