IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Locum Community Navigator (CN)
|Title:||Locum Community Navigator (CN)|
|Closing Date:||Short-listing and recruiting will be on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.|
Title: Locum Community Navigator (CN)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Senior Officer, Community Outreach
Supervision Given: None
RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees. We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict who have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, particularly women, children, and urban refugees.
The primary responsibility of the locum Community Navigator (CN) is to assist the organization when called upon in providing information and timely support to refugees and asylum seekers toward their self-reliance. The nature of engagement may vary from a one-day service to extended periods.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a guide to the organization in tracing clients in the community;
- Gather preliminary information from households and flag the ones at risk for assessment;
- Work alongside other staff in conducting visits to clients’ homes and businesses;
- Provide interpretation and translation(verbal communication and translation of documents);
- Receive prescriptions from refugees and advance them to the health team;
- Collect prescription medicine from RefugePoint-approved pharmacies and deliver it to patients;
- Provide accurate and timely information to refugees and migrants;
- Participate in community mobilization and education as directed by RefugePoint;
- Accompany patients to the hospital when called upon;
- Represent RefugePoint in community-based protection meetings or other meetings as assgined.
Attend to any other duties assigned by the Senior Officer, Community Outreach.
- Be a resident of Nairobi
- Must be fluent in English and languages spoken by refugees/ migrants.
- Must hold a UNHCR mandate refugee certificate, Government alien card, and/or recent Government verification documents
- Must have a minimum of secondary school education.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Post-secondary school training, e.g., in health, community development, counseling, business administration, etc.
- Experience in community mobilization
- Operational recognized banking account;
- KRA PIN certificate.