IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
|Closing Date:||Please be advised that short-listing will be on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.|
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Monthly Gross: KES 54,051 (or prorated per days worked)
Supervisor: Senior Officer, Administration
Supervision Given: [None]
RefugePoint was founded in 2005 to provide lasting solutions for the world’s most vulnerable refugees. We work to fill the critical and unmet needs of people affected by war and conflict that have fallen through the net of humanitarian assistance, in particular women, children, and urban refugees.
The Driver will perform work in the operation of a vehicle to ensure the safe transportation of staff, volunteers, clients, guests, and any other official passengers to official destinations. Also, the driver will provide logistics and administrative support.
The core responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated transport requirements. Ensure the assigned car is fueled in good time;
- Responsibly and safely drive staff, guests, and any other official visitors to scheduled destinations;
- Familiarize with the planned journey route destination prior to departure, particularly any security issues;
- Collect, sort, and distribute incoming mails, invoices, and other documents. Prepare outgoing mail for pickup and/or courier;
- Carry out an actual count of PPE’s every week and update the tracking record in google drive;
- Always carry out essential security checks on the vehicles before driving and at the end of the day to ensure that the assigned car is in good condition. (to check oil, water, brakes, brake liquid, tyre pressure/condition, battery levels, and the entire vehicle);
- Ensure that the assigned car is clean before use;
- Routinely check all vehicle licenses and insurances.
- Ensure office vehicles are serviced as stipulated in the periodic servicing schedules;
- Accurately complete the vehicle log form, keep track of mileage and update the maintenance log form accurately;
- Assist with purchasing, delivery, and distribution of food, non–food items et al;
- Ensure immediate action, in view of the road rules and regulations, organization SOPs and Insurance requirements is taken in the event of an accident;
- Promptly report the involvement of an assigned office car in an accident, including minor accidents, damage, loss, or theft of vehicle fittings;
- Liaise with the health team to ensure that the first aid kit is suitably resourced;
- Ensure vehicle fire extinguishers, toolbox, and other vehicle safety equipment are available and in good condition;
- Make use of reliable sources to keep informed of road conditions and share any collected information with the office;
- General awareness of security procedures and guidelines in place
Attend any other duties assigned by the Senior Officer, Administration.
- Valid driving license, BCE minimum;
- Successful completion of Secondary School education;
- A minimum of two years of driving experience;
- Ability to speak English and Kiswahili;
- Team player;
- Conversant with the routes of Nairobi;
- Training in basic mechanics, advanced driving, first aid, etc. will be an added advantage;
- Certification in driving by a professional body will be an added advantage;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- High integrity and dependability;
- Analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Social competence skills, diplomacy, and a team worker;
- Ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Enthusiasm for and dedication to working with vulnerable populations.
A Police clearance certificate is required prior to the issuance of a contract.