Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides protection, shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, vocational training, and legal support. RefuSHE’s holistic programming meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a registered non-governmental organization with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a 501(c)3 charitable organization with offices in Chicago, USA. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past fifteen years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
RefuSHE is looking to hire a senior level M&E professional with a strong commitment to data integrity and program accountability. The M&E Manager will provide overall leadership of the M&E strategy, approaches, and policies for RefuSHE, and be responsible for defining and implementing the M&E framework. S/he will work closely with the Chief of Programs, Chief Investment & Resource Officer, Chief Executive Officer, and Program Managers to assess and refine existing M&E tools in line with evolving program and organizational needs.
Position Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Supervisor: Chief Investment & Resource Officer
Under the supervision of the Chief Investment and Resource Officer, and with oversight from the CEO, the M&E Manager will undertake the following functions:
1. Spearhead the development or improvement of qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation tools and processes for existing and future programs, as needed and with input from Program Managers.
2. Periodically review the monitoring and evaluation tools in place to ensure they are still relevant and are producing useful, timely, and accurate data, and make suggestions for improvement where relevant.
3. Oversee all M&E activities for current grants/programs, including monitoring data quality, and tracking progress of activities against targets.
4. Support Program Managers in strengthening their program monitoring systems and analyzing data as part of the internal quality assurance mechanism for program delivery.
5. Participate in quarterly reviews of program progress and, together with the M&E Officer, ensure any disparities between planned and actual outputs and outcomes are addressed.
6. Ensure individual program M&E plans are updated on an annual basis, or as needed when new program elements emerge.
7. Analyze, utilize, and communicate relevant programs data to senior leadership for program improvement and decision making.
8. In collaboration with the Chief Investment & Resource Officer and Program Team, lead the development of realistic targets and indicators for grant proposals and/or new grants.
9. Develop tools required for research projects, including study design methodologies, sampling protocols, surveys, data collection methods, and data analysis, management, storage, and retrieval processes.
10. In collaboration with the Grants Manager, lead in the reporting of program qualitative and quantitative data and progress against indicators for all donor reports.
11. Lead the development of an M&E policy for the organization and an overall M&E framework for the holistic model.
12. Develop Terms of Reference and manage consultants conducting program baselines, mid-term evaluations, and end-of-project evaluations.
13. Identify staff capacity building needs and train and mentor the RefuSHE program team in M&E systems and practices.
14. Facilitate knowledge building and sharing on research, monitoring, and evaluation, including participating in the Refugee Self-Reliance Initiative learning calls and other webinars / forums as appropriate.
15. Support in the dissemination of results via presentations and reports to various audiences.
16. Perform any other lawful duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor or the CEO.
Qualifications and Competencies
· A high degree of attention to detail alongside a passion for data and learning.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· People oriented and results driven.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
· High degree of self-sufficiency and initiative.
· Ability to build and manage interpersonal relationships effectively at all levels of
· the organization.
· Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work well in a team.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (for example, education, social science, economics, development studies) and 7 years’ relevant experience, or Master’s Degree and 5 years’ relevant experience.
· Experience in the design, development, and implementation of monitoring and evaluation policies, systems, and tools with staff and partners; experience with programs that support marginalized and vulnerable youth strongly preferred.
· Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, and proven ability to work with data software packages such as Stata/SPSS/KOBO.
· Practical expertise in developing logical/results frameworks and defining indicators using SMART/CREAM/SPICED standards.
· Strong writing skills in English, as demonstrated by the ability to produce high quality reports.
· Ability to speak and translate key documents into Kiswahili.
· Confident user of MS Office software.
Send your CV and a cover letter indicating your current/last and expected remuneration to email@example.com, citing the position title “M&E Manager” in the email subject line, by close of business on 3rd February 2023.
We appreciate all applications received, however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.