Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides protection, shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, vocational training, and legal support. RefuSHE’s holistic programming meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a registered non-governmental organization with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a 501(c)3 charitable organization with offices in Chicago, USA. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past fifteen years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
Title: Procurement Assistant
Supervisor: Procurement Officer
Under the supervision of the Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant will undertake the following functions:
1. Tracking of Purchase Requisition Forms (PRFs) raised by staff, ensuring that all relevant specifications and samples are outlined and attached, and signed PRFs are filed appropriately.
2. Assisting in sourcing for quotations as per required specifications and negotiating with suppliers for competitive prices.
3. Assisting in managing supplier relationships, contacts, and pre-qualification lists.
4. Assisting in maintenance of the procurement files (hard and back-up soft copies) according to the organizational policies and procedures, and legal requirements.
5. Drafting bid analyses and uploading relevant quotations and correspondences for consideration by the procurement committee.
6. Assisting in issuance of signed Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) to relevant suppliers.
7. Assisting in following up with suppliers to ensure that goods and services are delivered as per the terms and conditions of the LPOs issued.
8. Raising cash requests for supplies to be procured on a cash basis and submitting relevant supporting documentation to finance.
9. Submitting invoices and any other relevant documentation from suppliers to the finance team for timely processing of payments.
10. Assisting in spending control and building a culture of long-term savings of procurement costs.
11. Ensuring compliance with the organizational procurement policy and guidelines.
12. Performing any other lawful duties in the scope of procurement role as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Willingness to learn and take initiative.
· Good planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work well in a team.
· Degree in Procurement or other related studies from a recognized institution.
· Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
· Competent user of MS Office software.
· This is an entry level position hence no previous experience is required.
Send your CV and a cover letter indicating your current/last and expected remuneration to email@example.com, citing the position title “Procurement Assistant” in the email subject line, by close of business on 31st January 2023.
We appreciate all applications received, however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.