Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides protection, shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, vocational training, and legal support. RefuSHE’s holistic programming meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a registered non-governmental organization with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a 501(c)3 charitable organization with offices in Chicago, USA. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past fifteen years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection.
We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to join our Operations team. In this role, you will lead the routine Human Resources (HR) functions of RefuSHE Kenya, including talent management, payroll administration, occupational health and safety, and enforcing organizational HR policies and practices. You will also oversee administrative services, including line management of two members of the administrative staff team.
Title: Senior Human Resources and Administration Officer
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Senior Human Resources and Administration Officer will undertake the following functions:
1. Manage the recruitment and selection process to ensure attraction of competent talent.
2. Coordinate the induction program for new staff with heads of department and program managers.
3. Assist the CEO to coordinate staff training and development and team building activities.
4. Oversee compensation and benefits provided to staff and administer the monthly payroll in liaison with the Finance Department, ensuring that salary payments and statutory deductions are processed on time.
5. Keep proper records of staff contracts and renewal dates, and liaise with the CEO to advise staff in advance of renewals and non-renewals.
6. Keep track of staff objective setting, performance appraisals, and leave balances.
7. Maintain staff personnel files, both physical and online, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
8. Ensure organizational compliance with relevant licenses such as food handling, public health, fire clearance and OSHA certificates.
9. Review HR policies and procedures as requested by your supervisor or the CEO.
10. Handle staff grievances, disputes, and disciplinary cases in accordance with Kenyan employment laws and organizational policies.
11. Review final dues and payments for exiting staff to ensure accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
12. Support the general well-being of staff by promoting and implementing health and wellness activities to help avoid burnout, including events run by the organization’s medical insurance provider.
13. Serve as a link between managers and staff by handling queries and providing pragmatic and consistent guidance on performance and other staff issues.
14. Recommend improvements to administration systems and procedures.
15. Monitor the organizational enquiries email address and refer issues to relevant senior managers.
16. Perform any other lawful duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Competencies
· People oriented and results driven.
· Active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
· Ability to build and manage interpersonal relationships effectively at all levels of
· the organization.
· A high degree of attention to detail alongside a passion for data and details
· Excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to remain flexible in a dynamic environment and work well in a team.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or similar field from a recognized institution.
· Professional Qualification in Human Resource Management.
· A member in good standing of the Kenyan Institute of Human Resources Management.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a HR role, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
· Excellent command of English and Kiswahili.
· Confident user of MS Office software.
· In-depth knowledge of Kenyan employment law and HR best practices.
· Knowledge of safeguarding and other child protection issues is desirable.
Send your CV and a cover letter indicating your current/last and expected remuneration to email@example.com, citing the position title “Senior HR & Admin Officer” in the email subject line, by close of business on 31st January 2023.
We appreciate all applications received, however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.