Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Regional Budget Coordinator is deployed (remote or in-person) to support specific country programs and may be responsible for the following, as assigned:
- Proposal and modification budgeting and financial reporting
- Lead or support on budget development for proposals, award modifications and financial reports.
- Coordinate on inputs into proposal or modification budgets for submission to donor and ensure adequate coverage of country operating costs or headquarters costs.
- Work with country finance, operations and technical teams to ensure cost proposals and technical proposals are aligned.
- Coordinate with the proposal team on strategic issues involving proposal budgets. Ensure the proposal and modification budgets comply with IRC organizational policies and donor requirements.
- Reviews, edit and finalize explanatory budget narrative to accompany budget in proposal, modification, or financial reports.
- Review countries’ cost allocation budget tools.
- Create and/or modify budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with donor requirements.
- Lead internal budget reviews during proposal or modification period, as well as financial reports when requested.
- Lead on engagement with partners on their budgets and review partner budgets and reports.
- Advise on IRC’s standard budget templates and donor reporting templates.
- Ensure proposal and modification budgets are reviewed and submitted according to internal timelines and donor submission deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with RFP/RFA/tender requirements.
- Lead on or support the preparation of donor financial reports.
- Support on other budget related tasks, including audit support and report responses, as requested.
- Support on re-coding and/ or fixing financial reporting issues in collaboration with Finance.
- Provide support in developing pricing contract budgets for donors.
- Review budgets (proposal, modification, and report) from a regional approver perspective, when not deployed.
- Support on other financial management areas, as requested by the RFD.
- Standardize and lead on the roll out of guidance for delivering effective budget versus actual meetings.
- Support the development and roll out of spending plan templates for IRC and partners to ensure use of adequate tools for monitoring spending.
- Support financial analysis of Project Cycle Meeting (PCM) routines.
Capacity building and training
- Provide training and/or capacity building to relevant country office staff on proposal budget development, financial reporting, and monitoring.
- Onboard new country office Finance staff on finance related matters especially on proposal budget, budget monitoring, budget modification and other IRC processes.
- Mentor in-country finance team in the use of Integra to ensure budgets are accurately uploaded and financial monitoring is happening.
- Provide support in troubleshooting and liaise with Integra team to find solutions.
- Sharing learning across the region in relation to the implementation of the cost allocation methodology, Integra and financial monitoring.
Other finance duties as assigned and/or when deployed as a senior finance role in-country (to be agreed by line manager)
- If deployed to cover a Finance role, perform the routine finance duties of the deployment role such as management of the finance team, support in month-end processes and audits.
- Support country programs on operating budget and re forecast processes as requested.
- Support in the review and feedback of country program FM01s, as requested.
- Support country program to develop strategies to optimize budgets and spending.
- Provide financial analysis, reports, and strategic feedback to facilitate high-level decision-making by functional and Regional/Country management.
- Oversee spending patterns and implementing measures to promote adherence to budgets and ensuring assigned departments are maintaining budget methodologies to ensure good financial standing of organization.
- Coordinate data and understand business requirements to build and maintain templates and models to enable budget and forecast processes.
- Support country program in the development of the annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Generate and analyze monthly actuals reports and identify risks and opportunities.
- Identify and implement opportunities to use IRC’s financial data and systems to improve modeling, reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Support the continued development and implementation of software and systems such as Integra,
- Provide ad hoc finance decision support on critical initiatives, including the development of business cases for new projects or funding areas.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
- Degree (minimum BA) in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field relevant to the position requirements
- 5-7 years’ experience in developing and managing budgets for humanitarian and development proposals and projects, including from private and statutory donors, e.g. US Government (USAID, OFDA, BPRM, etc.), FCDO, ECHO, GFFO, Sida, SDC, Irish Aid
- Experience in developing and reviewing donor financial reports
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Enhanced interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team setting
- Fluent English and French written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel across the region (up to 60% of the time)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize high volumes of work to meet tight deadlines