Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Business Officer will work for the Africa Programme Management Unit (PMU) and will provide the highest standards of financial and administrative support to European funded Internews Africa Programmes. Duties of the Regional Business Officer will include the financial administration of current projects, oversight of project budgets and partner spending, facilitation of payment requests, budgetary projections and other financial and administrative duties that may be required during this period.
The Business Officer will work closely with the Senior Programme Officer, the Business Manager and the Programme Finance Analyst to provide timely and quality support to programmes as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, with other duties upon request:
- In the absence of Alliance accounting review project expenditure and ensure accuracy of coding.
- Review and approve alliance accounting transaction and update the Project Accounting agreement for all offices that have alliance accounting.
- Review billing send by IUS for accuracy in invoicing.
- Manage cash-flow to ensure the availability of project funds at Internews’ offices. By ensuring the funds requested are in align with the country’s projections.
- Work with Programme Finance Analysts (PFAs) to prepare financial reports for donors, prepares supporting notes for financial reports, and ensure that costs are reported in compliance with donor requirements.
- Support the coordination and timely delivery of financial and audit report.
- Assist and support project audit.
- Works with filed teams to prepare budget reports, and support filed teams on how to write variance reports.
- Work with fields to Develop a co-financing plan, and tract reporting of co-financing on a quarterly basis.
- Support country teams to record miscoded transactions while preparing supporting memos to outline the process.
- Supports following up on funds to country offices whenever the disbursements are delayed.
- Lead regular project budget forecast, reviews current expenditure against projections, flag variances and notify program team to anticipate budget re-alignments or no cost extension, advise program team about budget use.
- Monitoring HQ spending rates and work with PFAs to ensure adequate burn-rates. With focus on under or overspends.
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
- Budget Preparation and oversight:
- Developing highly accurate, cost-appropriate, and compliant budget proposals for donors.
- Support partners with budget planning.
- During proposal development align internal templates to donor formats for effective monitoring and reporting.
- Preparation of PAA and Resource sharing agreements (not there
- Supports HQ with preparing Reverse Resource sharing agreements.
- Advise on best way to present costs including HQ cost recovery.
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant teams for budget inputs.
- Where applicable Review financial reports from partners when required and coordinate corrections as required.
- Act as the second reviewer of financial reports for countries with Grants teams
- In collaboration with Finance and Programs teams supporting Trainings in:
- ERP systems
- Review of grant agreements at the start of project and support training of new grantees on agreement key conditions, financial reporting templates as well as funders compliance at the beginning of agreements
- Support routine program operations compliance trainings,
- Other financial and administrative may be assigned as required, including the preparation of requests for Personal Service Contracts.
- Addressing donor queries relating to proposal budgets
- On a monthly basis- track PSC contracts and flag/query any delays in payments to ensure timely delivery and payments for services rendered.
- Support countries with procurement ensuing compliance with funders regulations.
- Provide in-country training to field team on compliance, rules and regulations and finance management.
- Support the Program manager in project management where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce (Accounting option)
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CPAK, ACCA)
- Minimum of 5years experience in an International ING
- Financial Management Experience and Familiarity working with US Government Rules and Regulations
- Professional-level fluency in English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Solid ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload.
- Willingness and ability to travel with an understanding and appreciation of culture and diversity.
- Good understanding of the project management cycle.
- Qualifications related to the position’s operating environment, such as ability and willingness to travel.
- Good people management skills.
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement at joining a supportive, skilled, multi-cultural team that is distributed across the globe.
- Willingness to learn.
- Language skills in French are welcome