Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Programmatic and technical support to Countries Implementing ENRICH GROW project
- Ensure all Regional grant interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets and regularly review project status.
- Conduct regular field monitoring in the 3 countries to ensure implementation in alignment with proposal, technical standard, and BMZ/WV Standards
- Ensure that project interventions are integrated to gender, child protection, disability, Christian commitment and advocacy
- Ensure identification of Country needs and resources and take appropriate programming measures
- Provide technical support to the Country offices to ensure ENRICH GROW project is implemented according the international standards.
- Provide effective, innovative and strategic coordinating role in the ENRICH GROW project implementation.
- Ensure that all ENRICH GROW initiatives within the project’s areas of influence meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented timely.
- Implement interventions at Regional i.e. cross-country level in accordance with established norms, policies aligned to acceptable financial & operational audit results.
- In coordination with ENRICH GROW and Program Management Unit Accountant, manage and report on project budget and funds utilization across the three countries.
- Ensure technical coherence and consistent programmatic approach across the three countries and amongst partners
- Plan, coordinate and support capacity assessment and building measures to strengthen local civil society organizations’ capacities to conduct sustained advocacy for the provision of improved gender-sensitive health and nutrition services at the community, district, national, and regional levels
Advocacy, Engagement, Coordination, Networking & Partnerships.
- Coordinate and engage with SUN movement to advocate for improvements in nutrition policy and service delivery framework including increased funding for nutrition and nutrition sensitive services.
- Support Countries to conduct advocacy with local and national health authorities for increased funding for health & nutrition activities.
- Conduct East African Regional consultations with local NGOs across the three Countries to prepare for evidence-based policy dialogue at continental and national levels.
- Map resource mobilization opportunities at local level and develop concepts and proposals in collaboration with regional and national office teams.
- Co-organize and facilitate food and nutrition security engagements in collaboration with the African Union Commission to strengthen African countries’ engagements to secure food and nutrition security agenda and consolidate political commitments to end hunger.
- Collaborate with World Vision and partner NGO staff in the Countries of implementation to strengthen technical assistance to government ministries.
- In collaboration with Support Office (SO), National Offices (NO) and partner NGOs participate in donor engagement activities and represent World Vision and the consortium in Regional and National food and nutrition security Working groups.
- Build and Maintain effective communications and pro-active relationships with donors and partners at Regional and National level.
- Support local implementing partners to assess and strengthen their organizational capacities for effective program delivery
Quality assurance for programmatic Designs, Assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation processes
- Ensure timely execution of project assessments and monitoring activities across the three countries of implementation
- Support Countries to conduct monitoring of project indicators and facilitate regular reflections and review across the countries on monitoring practice to make improvements on project implementation.
- In liaison with M&E officer, coordinate project evaluations and assessment
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports (Monthly Management Reports, Quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual) in line with WV/grant reporting guidelines. This includes development of consolidated (regional) narrative, financial and M&E reports
- Identify, document and disseminate promising practices on nutrition, food production and advocacy within the grant. Coordinate with project coordinators to disseminate lessons learned of program implementation with communities, development partners and other WV Partnership stakeholders in regional and global level.
- Promote ongoing reflection and learning among staff in the three countries (virtual and physical)
- Participate and/convene Regional and National forums for sharing and learning while involving project stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the DMEAL Manager to ensure that appropriate controls, monitoring and evaluation tools are in place and being utilized in a timely manner across the three countries.
- Ensure the project achieves Child Well-Being Outcomes in line with the organization’s Ministry Framework and Development Approach, and WVK’s strategic priorities and the project design.
- Ensure that accurate and quality project implementation plan (PIP), Annual work plans (AWP) and 4D matrix are developed and utilized in all the three Countries.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Master’s degree in Nutrition, Agri nutrition, Public Health Nutrition or any other related Nutrition specialties.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, or an equivalent is a MUST.
- A relevant PhD will be an added advantage.
- MUST be registered with relevant health associations e.g. Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in progressive leadership in Agri nutrition programmes with a thorough understanding of project management cycle at Global,Regional and National level.
- Good understanding of Ministry of health/Agriculture systems and structures at Regional and national levels.
- Demonstrate understanding of Regional and National Nutrition policies as well as Nutrition Advocacy and Agri nutrition programming.
- Comprehensive experience managing multi-partner projects and use and development of conventional project management and M&E tools including logframe, indicator tracking table, work plan, beneficiary counting table, etc.
- Significant experience working in an international development organization especially in development and humanitarian projects. Prior experience on BMZ funded projects would be an asset
- Experience in engaging government Ministries and state departments etc.
- Experience working with local partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English. Fluent Kiswahili skills are an asset.
- Experience in supervision skills, including training, mentoring and supporting staff
- Ability to engage at a strategic level with senior government, UN and INGO officials.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with an empowering and outcome-oriented approach.
- Experience using virtual and remote collaboration tools
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, able to satisfy donors and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only