Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
- Serve as talent acquisition lead for project start-ups, developing recruitment strategy and liaising with project teams to fill priority positions in a timely manner.
- Provide recruitment support on existing projects and for capture and proposal recruitment serve as needed.
- Source potential candidates from RTI’s applicant tracking and contact management system (iCIMS) as well as various social media and professional networks, craft recruiting emails to attract passive candidates and maintain a network within RTI’s contact management system of potential candidates for future openings.
- Manage start-up recruitment tracker and keep project management team and other HR/TA counterparts informed of recruitment statuses.
- Collaborate with Global Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to set qualification criteria for position openings and align position grade levels within the RTI grade structure.
- Train and advise project teams and hiring managers on structured interview processes and other TA or HR initiatives.
- Develop job descriptions, facilitate position posting/advertisements, correspond with applicants, short-list and screen candidates, coordinate and participate in interview panels and interview evaluations, collect recruitment related documentation and application paperwork, check references, and negotiate offers and prepare offer packages.
- Provide best practices recommendations and implementation guidance for global talent acquisition activities.
Project Start-Up HR Activities:
- Facilitate Private Medical Insurance (PMI) and other staff benefit vendor engagement on project start ups. Includes other staff benefits such as Work Injury Benefits (WIBA), Group Life Insurance (GL) etc.
- Maintain HR files (including non-personnel) files; track and compile HR tools on start-up.
- Coordinate preparation of Local Nationals (LN) contracts through timely preparation and submission of Employment Administration requests during start-up.
- Facilitate LN orientation and induction of staff during start-up, provide information to staff members on their employment conditions and entitlements, including on-entry briefings.
- Review, disseminate and ensure full compliance of HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks, benefit summaries, salary scales etc. and ensure they are in tandem with local labor laws, USAID rules and regulations, RTI policies, values, ethics, procedures and strategies during start-up.
- Drive innovation and a focus on continuous improvement for HR/TA programs in the region as a valued member of the Africa HR team and RTI HR organization.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree and 6 years of relevant work experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of relevant work experience.
- 5 years of experience in international recruiting and/or international human resources management with heavy focus on talent acquisition.
- Experience building a talent network in international development sectors.
- Previous experience with USAID project recruitment with expertise in negotiation within donor compensation and benefits structures.
- Previous experience leading project start-up recruitment and HR activities.
- Experience consulting and/or working in a consultative role where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm.
- Experience utilizing applicant/candidate tracking systems, contact management databases, and social/professional networking associations, groups, and products to build and maintain candidate relationships.
- Strong networks in health, education, water, environment, energy, and governance.
- Previous experience supporting USAID proposal recruitment is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Behaviors:
- Critical thinker, able to identify issues and opportunities, provide solutions and reach consensus with multiple stakeholders.
- Savvy with using social and other networking tools and databases. Quick learner with an understanding of how to source, screen and recruit in overseas markets.
- Demonstrated successful track record in building relationships with clients and candidates; ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of internal and external clients and colleagues.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel. Experience with iCIMs and LinkedIn Recruiter strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful. Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to travel internationally throughout the Africa region is required.
- English language fluency required.
- French Language fluency strongly preferred.