Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
About the Role
As the Regional Training Officer (RTO) you will be responsible for training and empowering the sales team with the knowledge and skills required to meet their sales targets. To prosper in this role coaching will be your daily role and your passion should be in training and working with diverse teams. This role requires 80% travel. You will be based in your respective region with frequent travel to other regions to support the sales teams as and when required.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and selection process of new sales agents in the region
- Onboard all new sales agents by scheduling the orientation process, training the agents on the sales process,
- Assist in the development of a training curriculum and ensuring the training conducted is as per the training curriculum
- Do data clean up for your region to ensure that Sales Agents are properly mapped according to the cluster that they currently belong to every week
- Using the data on BI develop the individual coaching plan for each sales agent and ensure all resources needed by the agent are provided.
- Coaching each agent by observing what they are doing and providing guidance whenever needed,
- Identifying the knowledge gap among the sales agents by spending more time with them in the field and giving a necessary recommendation in filling the gaps,
- Developing training materials, conducting training sessions, evaluating and recommending areas for improvement
- Supporting the training financial objective by ensuring training activities are within budgets allocated and controlling costs.
- Ensuring all training done is towards achieving the sales strategy in place and reporting on the impact of the training program.
- Developing training courses, uploading on the learning management system and assigning the courses to respective departments.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Passionate about developing others’ capabilities and empowering those around you.
- Willing to gain experience in ‘doing’ what is being asked of others before learning how to train it.
- Effective communicator in front of small-medium sized groups of people.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Have discretion in using budgetary allocations for the region and/or department
- Experience in solar/ off-grid pump systems would be an advantage.
- Experience working in a start-up would be an advantage.
- Experience training experientially would be an advantage
- Work experience as a sales agent is an added advantage
- Experience in driving and a valid driving license is added advantage