Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
The Jobtech Alliance Research & Insights Lead will lead Research activities at the Jobtech Alliance. You will manage our learning agenda, conduct research on emerging themes from our acceleration activities and beyond, and coordinate with others in the research and insights space. We operate as a ‘do-tank’ rather than a ‘think-tank’ – our research insights need to be operationally useful. You will often have a role in moving research into practice, as well as vice-versa. You will be traveling up to 20% of the time across the continent.
STRATEGY, RESEARCH AND LEARNING AGENDA – 20%
- Contribute to our learning and research strategy, about how we produce and disseminate learning products, to most effectively influence the jobtech ecosystem.
- Co-shape the overarching learning agenda of the Jobtech Alliance. Identify emerging themes coming out of our work, as well as upon the wider jobtech horizon, which require further research.
- Support the venture building team to identify learning themes and opportunities within their innovation sprints.
- Advise the team on new issues they should be addressing in their work, based on reading emerging research in the jobtech space.
CONDUCTING RESEARCH AND DEVELOPING RESEARCH OUTPUTS – 60%
- Conduct research on varying themes with acceleration start-up partners, from product design, to business model strategy, user-level impact, and/or operations. This involves strategizing research approaches and methodologies in a manner that is adapted to each innovation project’s needs, and would involve data collection activities with start-ups, the venture building team, and users themselves.
- Analyze, synthesize, and produce knowledge products as a primary author for various forms of audiences and channels, including long-form reports, blogs, and other communication mediums for knowledge products. Our content will primarily be in the form of 5-10 page learning reports, and 1-2 page blogs, with a few longer-form research products.
MANAGE CONTENT PRODUCTION & SUPPORT DISSEMINATION – 20%
- Manage quarterly research and content calendar. Ensure that research and content (blogs etc) are on course.
- Edit blogs and learning products produced by other team members.
- Manage larger research products by consultants or external actors (for longer-form research products).
RESEARCH STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT – 10%
- Function as a learning focal point for engagement with external stakeholders. Attend local events, meetings and networking activities.
- Where suitable, convene researchers in the jobtech space to move forward learning agenda, or to foster collaboration.
- Consultants, Enumerators
Reports Directly To: Director / Jobtech Alliance
Works Directly With: Start-ups, External partners, Results Measurement & Learning Lead, Venture builders,
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social science, international development, or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including working in or with technology startups.
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated familiarity with both business strategies and decisions, as well as user-level impact.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with a keen ability to synthesize and present complex data in a simple, compelling, meaningful way.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Must be a strong self-starter.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing several assignments with inputs from multiple team members.
- You are a learn-it-all, with a passion to learn more about the jobtech, employment, and start-up space – how to make tech businesses work, and how those can have an impact on their users. You are an excellent communicator and collaborator, who can work with different stakeholders. You possess strong analytical and research skills, and can tell the difference between an ‘insight’ and ‘information. You are a great storyteller, who can write short, punchy, content with strong and clear messaging.