Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application. DO NOT USE THE SUBMIT CV LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB!
Click the Link Below to Get Targeted Job Updates
APHRC seeks to recruit a Research Officer based in Nairobi, to coordinate and support the immunization research group within the Countdown to 2030 (CD2030) initiative. The Immunization research group aims at strengthening the analysis of immunization indicators (coverage and equity) in 25 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, working with ministries of health (including EPI program staff) and academic/public health institutions. The aim is to increase analytical capacity in-country and high-quality data for annual reports published by the ministry of health to inform country (national and subnational), regional and global monitoring of progress and improving targeting of programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the routine research projects activities such as leading the development of field and training manuals, obtaining ethical approvals and research permits, training and supervision of field workers, data management, data analysis and scientific writing.
- Coordinate policy engagement and dissemination of project research findings to appropriate audiences.
- Take lead in preparing progress and end-of-grant reports to donor.
- Develop study tools on topical issues in immunization and skills development, training manuals and field guides to use for data collection.
- Coordinate the recruitment, training and supervision of field teams.
- Coordinate fieldwork and be responsible for data quality.
- Mobilize and sensitize immunization stakeholders about research projects.
- Participate in the development of research proposals.
- Conduct literature review and participate in writing scientific papers.
- Carry out policy analysis on specific issues in immunization areas of work.
- Prepare regular field and project reports.
- Prepare policy briefs and fact sheets from the projects’ findings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in any of the following areas: Demography, Epidemiology, Applied Statistics, Sociology, Measurement and Evaluation, or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience, preferably in immunization.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge of multiple statistical such as STATA, SPSS, R, e.t.c. Knowledge of qualitative software packages NVivo or ATLAS.ti. will be an added advantage.
- Good quantitative analytical skills.
- Experience working with survey data (DHS, MICs, e.t.c) and routine health facility data information systems (DHIS 2).
- Experience in conducting field research and managing research projects and teams.
- Experience in engaging policy makers with research evidence.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and/or French, and at least one African language.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, juggle tasks and meet tight deadlines.
Deadline closes : 4th December 2023